Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,393 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Good or bad

Tip us?

kvillafana
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Good or bad

I'm new to the whole good phone game. And wanted to hear other opinions on what people think about the GS3 for long term use I just got mine and I don't want to feel that I made a bad choice and will or phones get Android L?

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,861

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvillafana View Post
I'm new to the whole good phone game. And wanted to hear other opinions on what people think about the GS3 for long term use I just got mine and I don't want to feel that I made a bad choice and will or phones get Android L?
I'll say its a pretty good phone depending on how much you forked over for it....as for L I can't confirm it will come officially or not as that will be up to Samsung to say or release...which right now there is no confirmation... Though I can say there will be custom Roms based on L I'm sure...I know I plan on building it
☢ LG G2 ☢
Rom: [4.4.4] LiquidSmooth v3.2 Kernel: NewBeta Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0
☢ SGS Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.4] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.2 Kernel: B14CKB1RD v2.2 beta Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC ReZound ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23 radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

Donations are never expected but are greatly appreciated

kvillafana
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
I bought mine new off contact for boost Mobile

droid716
Old
Thanks Meter 730

DONATE TO ME
I've had the s3 for over a year now and mines still running smoothly. I have no complaints whatsoever. As far as L is concerned there hasn't been no announcement to the s3 getting it but as reventech stated I'm sure there will be custom builds

joeyhdownsouth
Old
Thanks Meter 172
I've had my s3 since they were introduced, still using it to this day. Of course, I've never had the KNOX boot loader either. One of my favorite phones to date. Waiting on the G3, because any new Samsung is gonna have KNOX, I can handle it, just don't want to have a KNOX booboo because I totally forgot that I had it.
G2(Sprint)-stock rooted
G3(Sprint)-stock rooted
Galaxy S3(Sprint)-ROM:C-rom/KERNEL:dkp
Galaxy S5(Boost)-ROM/KERNEL:M.O.A.R.
Moto G(unlocked to CellularOne)-ROM/KERNEL:LiquidSmooth
Note 10.1-ROM/KERNEL:Hyperdrive
The Following User Says Thank You to joeyhdownsouth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1,729
I already really liked my S3 on 4.3 and on 4.4.2 I'm really loving it.

4.4.2 is supposed to be the last official stock update for our phones but you just never know until the time gets here. And as we mentioned, of course there will always be AOSP / CM / etc versions of Android L.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Jordan_River
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvillafana View Post
I love the s3 and I would say it is one of the best phones to root. It's still got great technology and hardware, but without some of the hassle and hoops you gotta jump through with newer phones. Plus there's a crap ton of mods that are still being updated and supported. Not to mention the fact that it's old enough to feel like a hacker when rooting/modding but not too hard that a noob can't do it.

Ambiguous signature with techie jargon and hyperlinks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jordan_River For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kvillafana
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
These responses make me very happy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kvillafana For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_River View Post
Ambiguous signature with techie jargon and hyperlinks.
LOL!

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.