Ask a question

No registration required

Good or bad

OP kvillafana

1st July 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

58 posts
I'm new to the whole good phone game. And wanted to hear other opinions on what people think about the GS3 for long term use I just got mine and I don't want to feel that I made a bad choice and will or phones get Android L?
1st July 2014, 07:52 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Oroville
Thanks Meter: 4,795

2,761 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvillafana

I'm new to the whole good phone game. And wanted to hear other opinions on what people think about the GS3 for long term use I just got mine and I don't want to feel that I made a bad choice and will or phones get Android L?

I'll say its a pretty good phone depending on how much you forked over for it....as for L I can't confirm it will come officially or not as that will be up to Samsung to say or release...which right now there is no confirmation... Though I can say there will be custom Roms based on L I'm sure...I know I plan on building it
1st July 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

58 posts
I bought mine new off contact for boost Mobile
1st July 2014, 08:10 AM   |  #4  
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 1,212

540 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've had the s3 for over a year now and mines still running smoothly. I have no complaints whatsoever. As far as L is concerned there hasn't been no announcement to the s3 getting it but as reventech stated I'm sure there will be custom builds

2nd July 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #5  
Flag Creole State
Thanks Meter: 174

813 posts
More
I've had my s3 since they were introduced, still using it to this day. Of course, I've never had the KNOX boot loader either. One of my favorite phones to date. Waiting on the G3, because any new Samsung is gonna have KNOX, I can handle it, just don't want to have a KNOX booboo because I totally forgot that I had it.
The Following User Says Thank You to joeyhdownsouth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 04:02 AM   |  #6  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,770

3,396 posts
More
I already really liked my S3 on 4.3 and on 4.4.2 I'm really loving it.

4.4.2 is supposed to be the last official stock update for our phones but you just never know until the time gets here. And as we mentioned, of course there will always be AOSP / CM / etc versions of Android L.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
2nd July 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvillafana

I love the s3 and I would say it is one of the best phones to root. It's still got great technology and hardware, but without some of the hassle and hoops you gotta jump through with newer phones. Plus there's a crap ton of mods that are still being updated and supported. Not to mention the fact that it's old enough to feel like a hacker when rooting/modding but not too hard that a noob can't do it.

Ambiguous signature with techie jargon and hyperlinks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jordan_River For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

58 posts
These responses make me very happy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kvillafana For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #9  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,770

3,396 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_River

Ambiguous signature with techie jargon and hyperlinks.

LOL!

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread