Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,005 Members 38,096 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WiFi failed to connect. Speed to slow.

Tip us?

ReapersDeath
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Default WiFi failed to connect. Speed to slow.

So I'm running stock 4.4.2 Rooted, and as of 2 weeks ago, I'm unable to connect to wifi at my gym. The signal strength is strong, yet I try to connect and after awhile of attempting to connect over and over again nothing happens, but sometimes I get an error saying "failed to connect, network to slow" or something along those lines. My wifi works perfect fine at home though. All info I could find just leads to factory reset which won't happen for me. I've deleted that wifi over and over and put the password in again several times, no change. It's only me with this issue though and as I said, friends with the exact same setup can connect perfectly fine. This just happened out of no where one week after working fine.

Well now that I think of it, over a period of two more weeks before the no connection at all issue, it was starting to turn into a crawl for speed but only for me.. Stock everything Rooted, and stock kernel.

6th_Hokage
Old
Thanks Meter 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReapersDeath View Post
So I'm running stock 4.4.2 Rooted, and as of 2 weeks ago, I'm unable to connect to WiFi at my gym. The signal strength is strong, yet I try to connect and after awhile of attempting to connect over and over again nothing happens, but sometimes I get an error saying "failed to connect, network to slow" or something along those lines. My WiFi works perfect fine at home though. All info I could find just leads to factory reset which won't happen for me. I've deleted that WiFi over and over and put the password in again several times, no change. It's only me with this issue though and as I said, friends with the exact same setup can connect perfectly fine. This just happened out of no where one week after working fine.

Well now that I think of it, over a period of two more weeks before the no connection at all issue, it was starting to turn into a crawl for speed but only for me.. Stock everything Rooted, and stock kernel.
.....have the gym reset their router..... cause if you can still connect to other WiFi out there then i think it less of your phone and more of the router at fault here
YouTube Channel

my work:

Custom Splash Screen Sprint/Boost/Virgin Mobile s3 Touchwiz Roms and some AOSP Roms

sorta my work :P Viper4Andriod S3 APP and Settings

and helping with Flappy Bird's Family

current phone:
Samsung Galaxy S3,Wicked X v7.2 ND8 with NDC Modem

Past phones: latest to oldest
Galaxy Infuse 4G
Galaxy S 4G 3rd time
myTouch 3G slide
Galaxy S 4G 2nd time
T-mobile myTouch
Galaxy S 4G
Sensation 4G
Moto Backflip

ReapersDeath
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Well, then why is only my phone effected? People with the same version and Rooted and such don't have this issue

6th_Hokage
Old
Thanks Meter 471
Quote:
Well, then why is only my phone effected? People with the same version and Rooted and such don't have this issue
is your phone ND8 or NDC??
YouTube Channel

my work:

Custom Splash Screen Sprint/Boost/Virgin Mobile s3 Touchwiz Roms and some AOSP Roms

current phone:

Galaxy Infuse 4G
Galaxy S 4G 3rd time
myTouch 3G slide
Galaxy S 4G 2nd time
T-mobile myTouch
Galaxy S 4G
Sensation 4G
Moto Backflip

ReapersDeath
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
ND8

6th_Hokage
Old
Thanks Meter 471
Quote:
ND8
my only other suggestion would be to flash Ktoonez(might have misspelled his username) TW Kernel and Tweaker and to Flash the NDC modem; from personal experience NDC modem gives me better 4g signal....yet it also gives me better WIFI signal as well as connectivity, some will say it doesn't affect WIFI but it did for me so you can try that since you don't want to Factory Data reset it.
YouTube Channel

my work:

current phone:

Galaxy Infuse 4G
Galaxy S 4G 3rd time
myTouch 3G slide
Galaxy S 4G 2nd time
T-mobile myTouch
Galaxy S 4G
Sensation 4G
Moto Backflip

ReapersDeath
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 217
Well my phones disconnected anyhow. I can only use wifi really so I keep it in airplane mode with wifi enabled