won't boot stuck on encryption, did not activate!

Search This thread

dragon_rckr

Jun 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Woke up this morn and grabbed the phone to check the time and if any messages came in to find that it was stuck in the could not encryption unsuccessful screen with the reset button....

I've had this before and been able to go around it by booting into recovery and starting the phone normally, but this isn't working anymore. I was on OctOS.

When in Download Mode noticed that the Qualcomm Secure Boot was active, could this be the problem? I never activated it or any encryption for that matter.

Tried wiping cache/davlik/system and installing another rom (PAC) and not TWRP is failing to wipe correctly... Keep getting "cannot mount E:/". Flashed the latest TWRP through Odin and no luck either. Can't upgrade for now :/

Also, when I go through file manager in TWRP to check if my media (pics/vids) are still there and nothing :crying:

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

dragon_rckr

Jun 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Flashed Philz Touch via Odin, flashed PAC AOSP in recovery, booted and it happened again except this time it booted into Philz did something... didn't say what on the screen and rebooted. This time android app optimization came up for all apps (missed to mention that before it was showing 15apps only) and brought up the initial process of Android.

Lost all my pics and data since it wiped the internal data partition including media... Never had this problem before, but guess lesson learned ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP OF MEDIA AND TITANIUM BACK UP on the PC or cloud.