[Q] Can I install the stock camera?

OP sawyerbenjamin

2nd July 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

90 posts
Donate to Me
I'm recently on the latest stable Cyanogenmod and the camera just isn't great at all.
I was wondering if there was a way I could get the stock camera, or at least something close to as good. Mainly because the Cyanogenmod camera can't even focus.

Is it possible? or would I have to revert back to Touchwiz? Cause I'd be a little torn since Cyanogenmod uses way less Ram and has never had a hiccup... unlike Touchwiz.
2nd July 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #2  
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 568

1,090 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyerbenjamin

I'm recently on the latest stable Cyanogenmod and the camera just isn't great at all.
I was wondering if there was a way I could get the stock camera, or at least something close to as good. Mainly because the Cyanogenmod camera can't even focus.

Is it possible? or would I have to revert back to Touchwiz? Cause I'd be a little torn since Cyanogenmod uses way less Ram and has never had a hiccup... unlike Touchwiz.

im gonna tell you what everyone has told me touchwiz apps require touchwiz framework....but it is possible if someone wants to port it to aosp/cm
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #3  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,754

3,385 posts
More
Also, the problem might not only be the camera app, but other system files. If you try any of the many free or demo camera apps on the Play Store and they don't work well either, then you'll know that just changing camera apps won't help.

[BATTERY] Plasma Battery! 🆕🆒🆓 & wickeddecimalbarwide_colors

Charging still shot

n00b-xda-disciple's Wicked X Video review

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Conquest: Singularity v2.2, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 12:01 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

90 posts
Donate to Me
Thanks guys. But it's no biggie. Just got an LG G2 and the camera is exponentially better (actually, the whole phone is). Haha. Thanks for your replies though!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread