Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,684 Members 49,660 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Viper4Andriod S3 APP and Settings

Tip us?

6th_Hokage
Old
(Last edited by 6th_Hokage; 29th August 2014 at 07:42 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 471
Default Viper4Andriod S3 APP and Settings

Attention!!!: will keep this thread updated and current as long as i still have a working phone with internet or a computer with internet that's a promise to you all

Hello XDA Sprint/Boost/Virgin S3 Users
I have decided to add this to the themes and apps section since it not here.....V4A has been around for a while boosting the overall sound of your android device. Now in this thread i am gonna share how i have it set up on my s3 what i have turned on and what not....

Here's the OP so you can get the app (and to thank them) if your not on Wicked X Rom which comes with this app pre-installed (you have to update it to the latest if you have Wicked X 7.3)...So for ND8 stock, CarbonRom and so on....i haven't been able to install the sound driver in NDC stock tho.....

here's the screen shots of how i have it set up for headphones. I have Viper installed on stock ND8 right now and this is with my Skullcandy Ink'd 2.0 headphones and this setting has nice bass and clarity also i have the latest version installed v2.3.3.0 codename: Beautiful

if you already have this installed share your settings on here and explain what it sorta sounds like (strong bass, high mid section etc..) and the rom your using as well

and your more then welcome to use my settings or anyone else's settings if anyone else posts on here

Working with: CarbonRom, Illusion Rom, Nameless Rom, Stock ND8, Stock other sprint/boost/virgin TW rom, Tribute Rom, Wicked X Rom

Not Working:
Stock NDC (will put in working if anyone else can confirm), sadly SOKP Milestone 04 is on this part of the list :/, you tell me if it doesn't work on the rom your on and i will add on here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: if you want help installing the sound driver it would help if you say which Rom you are using; if someone has it working on that Rom it's more then likely that they will help you install it so you can enjoy eargasim sound like the rest of us :P

Edit: if no one has it working on that Rom i will add it to the not working section in this thread so others know if it will before they try that Rom and complain that it isn't working

Edit: updated settings on post #17
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	373
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	2867521   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	331
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	2867522   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	320
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	2867523   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	316
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	2867524   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.png
Views:	307
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	2867527  

Click image for larger version

Name:	6.png
Views:	291
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	2867528   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.png
Views:	281
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	2867529   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.png
Views:	279
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	2867530   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.png
Views:	271
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	2867531  
YouTube Channel

my work:

Custom Splash Screen Sprint/Boost/Virgin Mobile s3 Touchwiz Roms and some AOSP Roms

sorta my work :P Viper4Andriod S3 APP and Settings

and helping with Flappy Bird's Family

current phone:
Samsung Galaxy S3,Wicked X v7.2 ND8 with NDC Modem

Past phones: latest to oldest
Galaxy Infuse 4G
Galaxy S 4G 3rd time
myTouch 3G slide
Galaxy S 4G 2nd time
T-mobile myTouch
Galaxy S 4G
Sensation 4G
Moto Backflip
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ssmercurys
Old
Thanks Meter 163
I like the idea of this thread. If I had to choose between apps I use with root, this one would be on the top.

My headphones are Ultrasone HFI-780 and can handle heavy bass and treble very well. Due to S-Logic being integrated into them as well I chose to turn on surround effects (which actually sound really cool once you get used to it)

Here is my setup. I also have my configuration saved in my signature below if you'd like to try it out.

Master Power: Enabled
Firequalizer: Enabled
Preset: Custom
(3.1, 3.1, 3.4, 3.5, 2.9, 2.5, 1.1, 0.3, 0.0, 0.0)

Convolver: Enabled
Impulse Response: HTC Beats Audio ((128K MP3)).irs

Headphone Surround+: Enabled
Effects Level: Level 2

Reverberation: Enabled
Room Size: 25m2
Sound Field: 7m
Damping Factor: 70 percent
Wet Signal: 10 percent
Dry Signal: 70 percent

Dynamic System: Enabled
Listening Device: Common Earphone(v2)
Dynamic Bass: 12 percent

Fidelity Control: Enabled
Bass Mode: Natural Bass
Bass Frequency: 60hz
Bass Boost: 12.0 dB

This configuration is probably my favorite setup of all of them I have used in the last few years. It has a great balance of bass and treble without getting too heavy on either side. Enjoy.

Phone: Sprint LG G3 Metallic Black
ROM: Stock Odex w/G3 Tweakbox + Viper4Android Audio Mod
PRL: 51102

Tablet 1: Nexus 7 32GB (2012/Grouper)
ROM: Stock Rooted Odex + Viper4Android Audio Mod

My Viper4Android Profile: Download Here *Best used with High Profile Headphones*

Hit Thanks if i've helped you out today
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ssmercurys For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kreatur3
Old
Thanks Meter 62
I'm using the latest, and possibly last, SOKP. I can't get the driver to install. At all. Tried moving the Viper apk into system/app and also system/priv-app. Anytime I reboot it says I need to install the driver. It won't stick.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kreatur3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

6th_Hokage
Old
(Last edited by 6th_Hokage; 26th July 2014 at 07:54 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreatur3 View Post
I'm using the latest, and possibly last, SOKP. I can't get the driver to install. At all. Tried moving the Viper apk into system/app and also system/priv-app. Anytime I reboot it says I need to install the driver. It won't stick.
When you first press the sound driver you want (it's better to choose the first one for best performance), does it say it installed before you restart?.....and do you have Busybox installed?....cause I've noticed that it needs it
YouTube Channel

my work:

Custom Splash Screen Sprint/Boost/Virgin Mobile s3 Touchwiz Roms and some AOSP Roms

current phone:

Galaxy Infuse 4G
Galaxy S 4G 3rd time
myTouch 3G slide
Galaxy S 4G 2nd time
T-mobile myTouch
Galaxy S 4G
Sensation 4G
Moto Backflip
The Following User Says Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

6th_Hokage
Old
(Last edited by 6th_Hokage; 27th July 2014 at 01:20 AM.) Reason: typo
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 471
Quote:
also what settings do you have so i can see if it installs when I'm using SOKP have you changed anything system wise, added other mods and so on?
YouTube Channel

my work:

current phone:

Galaxy Infuse 4G
Galaxy S 4G 3rd time
myTouch 3G slide
Galaxy S 4G 2nd time
T-mobile myTouch
Galaxy S 4G
Sensation 4G
Moto Backflip

Kreatur3
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_Hokage View Post
When you first press the sound driver you want (it's better to choose the first one for best performance), does it say it installed before you restart?.....and do you have Busybox installed?....cause I've noticed that it needs it
It says it does install and needs a reboot to work. But then says the exact same thing after a reboot. I do have the latest busybox installed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_Hokage View Post
also what settings do you have so i can see if it installs when I'm using SOKP have you changed anything system wise, added other mods and so on?
I have no mods installed at all. Just straight stock SOKP.

Pariah24
Old
(Last edited by Pariah24; 27th July 2014 at 01:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 107
Here's what I use when listening with the ear buds that came with my S3 (which aren't half bad)

Pretty basic, I leave most of the surround stuff alone, just not my thing.

Samsung GS3/SPH-710 ~ Wicked X 7.3 [TouchWiz] ~ KT757 Kernel ktoon/bfq
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1406422174889.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (40.5 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg 1406422193517.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (51.4 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg 1406422210456.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (45.0 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg 1406422229105.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (42.8 KB, 101 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Pariah24 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

n00b-xda-disciple
Old
Thanks Meter 1,106

DONATE TO ME
The impulse response setting is really cool! Beats audio and Xperia

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4f663980.jpg
@the_original_teknikl
PCB Wicked Blue Theme

@TONY6669
Mean Wicked Green Theme
Wicked Pink For Breast Cancer Theme thanks @porkyhontas for helping out.
@TeamBlackOut
Themed Apps
@roirraw"edor"eht
Plasma Battery Mod
The Following User Says Thank You to n00b-xda-disciple For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

6th_Hokage
Old
(Last edited by 6th_Hokage; 27th July 2014 at 03:03 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 471
Quote:
It says it does install and needs a reboot to work. But then says the exact same thing after a reboot. I do have the latest Busybox installed.

I have no mods installed at all. Just straight stock SOKP.
okay i will download latest build and flash with Philz recovery and i will see if without really messing with it just the standard Viper app install both regular install and system install then I'm gonna try messing with it to see what settings make it install the sound driver and if no luck then i will add to the not working rom list :/

edit: I am currently downloading the rom and I'm gonna use the PA Micro Gapps that i normally use with AOSP Roms and i will come with more info once it finishes downloading

edit: for some reason its taking me longer to download Milestone 04 SOKP then it took me to download Wicked X 7.3 which had the gapps included .-.

edit: download failed for the 3rd time I'm done for today will try again when i get home later and also tomorrow :/
YouTube Channel

my work:

current phone:

Galaxy Infuse 4G
Galaxy S 4G 3rd time
myTouch 3G slide
Galaxy S 4G 2nd time
T-mobile myTouch
Galaxy S 4G
Sensation 4G
Moto Backflip
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

6th_Hokage
Old
(Last edited by 6th_Hokage; 27th July 2014 at 06:38 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 471
Couldn't make it work with SOKP unfortunately....so for now it's on the not working list but if you can make it work on that Rom help @Kreatur3 out with how you made it work

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
YouTube Channel

my work:

current phone:

Galaxy Infuse 4G
Galaxy S 4G 3rd time
myTouch 3G slide
Galaxy S 4G 2nd time
T-mobile myTouch
Galaxy S 4G
Sensation 4G
Moto Backflip

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]