Viper4Andriod S3 APP and Settings

OP 6th_Hokage

24th July 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Osos
Thanks Meter: 642

1,136 posts
More
Attention!!!: will keep this thread updated and current as long as i still have a working phone with internet or a computer with internet that's a promise to you all

Hello XDA Sprint/Boost/Virgin S3 Users
I have decided to add this to the themes and apps section since it not here.....V4A has been around for a while boosting the overall sound of your android device. Now in this thread i am gonna share how i have it set up on my s3 what i have turned on and what not....

Here's the OP so you can get the app (and to thank them) if your not on Wicked X Rom which comes with this app pre-installed (you have to update it to the latest if you have Wicked X 7.3)...So for ND8 stock, CarbonRom and so on....i haven't been able to install the sound driver in NDC stock tho.....

here's the screen shots of how i have it set up for headphones. I have Viper installed on stock ND8 right now and this is with my SOL REPUBLIC 1112-31 JAX In-Ear Headphones and this setting has nice bass and clarity also i have the latest version installed v2.3.3.0 codename: Beautiful

if you already have this installed share your settings on here and explain what it sorta sounds like (strong bass, high mid section etc..) and the rom your using as well

and your more then welcome to use my settings or anyone else's settings if anyone else posts on here

Working with: CarbonRom, Illusion Rom, Nameless Rom, Liquid Smooth, Stock ND8, Stock other sprint/boost/virgin TW rom, Tribute Rom, Wicked X Rom

Not Working:
Stock NDC (will put in working if anyone else can confirm), sadly SOKP Milestone 04 is on this part of the list :/, you tell me if it doesn't work on the rom your on and i will add on here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: if you want help installing the sound driver it would help if you say which Rom you are using; if someone has it working on that Rom it's more then likely that they will help you install it so you can enjoy eargasim sound like the rest of us :P

Edit: if no one has it working on that Rom i will add it to the not working section in this thread so others know if it will before they try that Rom and complain that it isn't working

Edit: updated settings on post #17
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	539
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	2867521   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	479
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	2867522   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	467
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	2867523   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	450
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	2867524   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.png
Views:	431
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	2867527   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.png
Views:	408
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	2867528   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.png
Views:	398
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	2867529   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.png
Views:	393
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	2867530   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.png
Views:	383
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	2867531  
Last edited by 6th_Hokage; 19th October 2014 at 01:58 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag Minneapolis, MN
Thanks Meter: 163

268 posts
More
I like the idea of this thread. If I had to choose between apps I use with root, this one would be on the top.

My headphones are Ultrasone HFI-780 and can handle heavy bass and treble very well. Due to S-Logic being integrated into them as well I chose to turn on surround effects (which actually sound really cool once you get used to it)

Here is my setup. I also have my configuration saved in my signature below if you'd like to try it out.

Master Power: Enabled
Firequalizer: Enabled
Preset: Custom
(3.1, 3.1, 3.4, 3.5, 2.9, 2.5, 1.1, 0.3, 0.0, 0.0)

Convolver: Enabled
Impulse Response: HTC Beats Audio ((128K MP3)).irs

Headphone Surround+: Enabled
Effects Level: Level 2

Reverberation: Enabled
Room Size: 25m2
Sound Field: 7m
Damping Factor: 70 percent
Wet Signal: 10 percent
Dry Signal: 70 percent

Dynamic System: Enabled
Listening Device: Common Earphone(v2)
Dynamic Bass: 12 percent

Fidelity Control: Enabled
Bass Mode: Natural Bass
Bass Frequency: 60hz
Bass Boost: 12.0 dB

This configuration is probably my favorite setup of all of them I have used in the last few years. It has a great balance of bass and treble without getting too heavy on either side. Enjoy.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ssmercurys For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th July 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 62

226 posts
I'm using the latest, and possibly last, SOKP. I can't get the driver to install. At all. Tried moving the Viper apk into system/app and also system/priv-app. Anytime I reboot it says I need to install the driver. It won't stick.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kreatur3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th July 2014, 08:48 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Osos

1,136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreatur3

I'm using the latest, and possibly last, SOKP. I can't get the driver to install. At all. Tried moving the Viper apk into system/app and also system/priv-app. Anytime I reboot it says I need to install the driver. It won't stick.

When you first press the sound driver you want (it's better to choose the first one for best performance), does it say it installed before you restart?.....and do you have Busybox installed?....cause I've noticed that it needs it
Last edited by 6th_Hokage; 26th July 2014 at 08:54 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th July 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Osos

1,136 posts
More
Quote:

also what settings do you have so i can see if it installs when I'm using SOKP have you changed anything system wise, added other mods and so on?
Last edited by 6th_Hokage; 27th July 2014 at 02:20 AM. Reason: typo
27th July 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 62

226 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_Hokage

When you first press the sound driver you want (it's better to choose the first one for best performance), does it say it installed before you restart?.....and do you have Busybox installed?....cause I've noticed that it needs it

It says it does install and needs a reboot to work. But then says the exact same thing after a reboot. I do have the latest busybox installed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th_Hokage

also what settings do you have so i can see if it installs when I'm using SOKP have you changed anything system wise, added other mods and so on?

I have no mods installed at all. Just straight stock SOKP.
27th July 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #7  
Flag Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 117

96 posts
More
Here's what I use when listening with the ear buds that came with my S3 (which aren't half bad)

Pretty basic, I leave most of the surround stuff alone, just not my thing.

Samsung GS3/SPH-710 ~ Wicked X 7.3 [TouchWiz] ~ KT757 Kernel ktoon/bfq
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1406422174889.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (40.5 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg 1406422193517.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (51.4 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg 1406422210456.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (45.0 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg 1406422229105.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (42.8 KB, 136 views)
Last edited by Pariah24; 27th July 2014 at 02:54 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pariah24 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th July 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Osos

1,136 posts
More
Quote:

It says it does install and needs a reboot to work. But then says the exact same thing after a reboot. I do have the latest Busybox installed.

I have no mods installed at all. Just straight stock SOKP.

okay i will download latest build and flash with Philz recovery and i will see if without really messing with it just the standard Viper app install both regular install and system install then I'm gonna try messing with it to see what settings make it install the sound driver and if no luck then i will add to the not working rom list :/

edit: I am currently downloading the rom and I'm gonna use the PA Micro Gapps that i normally use with AOSP Roms and i will come with more info once it finishes downloading

edit: for some reason its taking me longer to download Milestone 04 SOKP then it took me to download Wicked X 7.3 which had the gapps included .-.

edit: download failed for the 3rd time I'm done for today will try again when i get home later and also tomorrow :/
Last edited by 6th_Hokage; 27th July 2014 at 04:03 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th July 2014, 07:36 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Osos

1,136 posts
More
Couldn't make it work with SOKP unfortunately....so for now it's on the not working list but if you can make it work on that Rom help @Kreatur3 out with how you made it work

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by 6th_Hokage; 27th July 2014 at 07:38 AM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 6th_Hokage For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread