[kernel] [Touchwiz] [4.4.2] [AOSP] [4.4/5.0]Neocore Hybrid Kernel

Search This thread

thirdzcee

May 13, 2012
Bacolod City
It says:
"Unable to chmod /system/bin/trinity: Read-only file system"
Oh yeah system partition is read only, the easiest way is If you have root explorer or es file manager use it to change permissions of trinity at system/bin/trinity to rwxr-xr-x otherwise if you want to do it from terminal run these commands after "su"

"mount -o rw,remount /system"
"chmod 744 system/bin/trinity"
"trinity"

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
Oh yeah system partition is read only, the easiest way is If you have root explorer or es file manager use it to change permissions of trinity at system/bin/trinity to rwxr-xr-x otherwise if you want to do it from terminal run these commands after "su"

"mount -o rw,remount /system"
"chmod 744 system/bin/trinity"
"trinity"
Alright I did the permission modding with Root Explorer, rebooted, then selected 0 for the coolest setting, then now it says:
"/system/bin/trinity[17]: syntax error: '&&' unexpected 1"

thirdzcee

May 13, 2012
Bacolod City
Alright I did the permission modding with Root Explorer, rebooted, then selected 0 for the coolest setting, then now it says:
"/system/bin/trinity[17]: syntax error: '&&' unexpected 1"
I have had it with this errors, lol,check mega mirror, 1-29 build should have it fixed including permissions

edit:mediafire link updated in 2nd post as well

Last edited:
Reactions: nirogu325

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
I have had it with this errors, lol,check mega mirror, 1-29 build should have it fixed including permissions

edit:mediafire link updated in 2nd post as well
Alright, it works now but does not stick after a reboot.

Edit: Ugh, the whole phone froze suddenly, even after cleaning both caches. The previous build did this too so perhaps there's some incompatibility with the AT&T S3Rx after all.

Last edited:

thirdzcee

May 13, 2012
Bacolod City
Alright, it works now but does not stick after a reboot. Hmm...do you think a script at init.d might make it stick? If so what would I have to write into it?
Just add this to any init.d script

echo "0" > sys/class/lcd/panel/panel_colors

And you should be good to go
Or replace 0 with any number from 0-4, 2 is stock and the rest of the numbers do what it says when you run trinity command

Reactions: nirogu325

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
Just add this to any init.d script

echo "0" > sys/class/lcd/panel/panel_colors

And you should be good to go
Or replace 0 with any number from 0-4, 2 is stock and the rest of the numbers do what it says when you run trinity command
Thanks, that did it. Phone froze again, restarting all UI and data connections. Since the kernel has another base that differs from the AT&T S3Rx...looks like it's incompatible. A shame since stock ROM lacks so much that this one has.

thirdzcee

May 13, 2012
Bacolod City
Thanks, that did it. Phone froze again, restarting all UI and data connections. Since the kernel has another base that differs from the AT&T S3Rx...looks like it's incompatible. A shame since stock ROM lacks so much that this one has.
its probably within ramdisk, my kernel doesnt change anything in the ramdisk so if you previously flashed a kernel with a modified ramdisk my kernel will use that modified ramdisk which might be the cause of incompatibilities, my ramdisk is stock so i never had any issues,

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
its probably within ramdisk, my kernel doesnt change anything in the ramdisk so if you previously flashed a kernel with a modified ramdisk my kernel will use that modified ramdisk which might be the cause of incompatibilities, my ramdisk is stock so i never had any issues,
Do you think flashing the stock kernel you based your kernel on will solve this?
It sounds that way. The little issue is...there's no flashable for that one in this forum. Hmm...do you think Mobile ODIN can flash only the kernel?

thirdzcee

May 13, 2012
Bacolod City
Do you think flashing the stock kernel you based your kernel on will solve this?
It sounds that way. The little issue is...there's no flashable for that one in this forum. Hmm...do you think Mobile ODIN can flash only the kernel?
Yes. Mobile odin can flash kernel alone, thats how i was able to flash system and kernel of t999V on my t999 to get a full stock kitkat instead of using the att or sprint ports

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
@thirdzcee - Alright, the kernel is now more stable but I see the Wi-Fi turning off then on suddenly and...as of this writing the phone crashed and is restarting. Oh boy. One last thing. The init.d script didn't work. Permissions are correct, on par with the other files there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Now before we say not another some kernel blah blah blah thread, this was my personal use kernel for the past couple of months now, but then had some guy request for it at G+ before and now with the rise of lollipop for d2 on att and verizon sections got a request from @matrixzone to share kernel so now here we are, lets begin

What is this?
    so i have flashed most of the kernels from here and there for the d2 but i always got some features lacking but found it on the other, solution, compile own with all the commits i want and get rid of what i dont want :D, and thus Neocore for D2 was born

A FRIENDLY REMINDER

* Standard disclaimer:
    * Your warranty is now void. Use at your own risk.
    * In other words: It is your choice to use this kernel,
    * I am not responsible for any damage or problems!

WHATS INSIDE

Compiled with Nov 4.9.3 linaro toolchain
    faux sound control
    interactive governor from bacon
    showps mpdecision
    showps thermal control
    htc async fsync from faux
    dynamic readahead from chadgoodman
    OC up to 1.8ghz cup and 600mhz gpu (1.5ghz & 320mhz by default)
    voltage control
    lz4 compressed
    f2fs rom support
    usb fast charge by imoseyon
    and some other stuff i cant recall but can be found on my github

use Kernel tweaker or trickster to modify settings (i use trickster)

how to install
    *requirements*
    1. must be on AOSP based rom, sorry guys no touchwiz love here :p Go to 2nd post for some Touchwiz Love :D
    2. custom recovery (twrp,cwm, philz, whatever you prefer)
    3. most important, always have a BACK UP

*Steps*
    the usual
    1. download kernel
    2. boot to recovery
    3. flash the zip
    4. wait for it to finish then reboot

tested by me on the following roms
    cm11 m12
    spitit rom 1.7
    liquid smooth 3.2 milestone
    cm12 att
    cm12 verizon
    kernel has been self tested only but no major issues experienced, feedback would be awesome guys

CHANGELOGS
    12-04

net: loopback: set default mtu to 64K
    arm: compile with the generic rwsem
    cherry-pick: ARM: 7493/1: use generic unaligned.h
    cherry-pick: ARM: 7494/1: use generic termios.h
    cache_pressure despite the dynamic suspend/resume
    fs/dcache.c: adaptive vfs_cache_pressure on suspe
    use GCC builtin prefetching
    arch: arm: lib: optimize memcpy for cortex-A15
    mmc/core: CRC??? disable it,,,
    lib/string: use glibc version
    lib/memcopy: use glibc version
    FSYNC switch
    interactive as default GPU gov
    uses gzip compression for now

12-06

]Revert "SQUASH: GPU OC/UC" (was causing fps drops and bad rather than better fps)
    init: debug: bye bye
    asm-generic: rwsem: de-PPCify rwsem.h
    asm-generic: rwsem: ensure sem->cnt is only acces
    SQUASH: s2w/dt2w for D2 (its finally here, has a few minor issues though but it works, just make sure you activate both at the same time 1st)

12-06-#63

removed interactive gpu gov, that was the culprit for fps drops, enjoy gamers

XDA:DevDB Information
    NeOcOrE hYbR!D Kernel, Kernel for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    thirdzcee, imoseyon, faux123, Synthetic.Nightmare, labodj, jrior1001, neobuddy89, showp1984, gideonx, franciscofranco and many more in case i forget theyre at my github commits
    Source Code: https://github.com/thirdzcee/android_kernel_samsung_d2

Kernel Special Features: s2w/dt2w. OC/UC, voltage control, Faux sound, better mpdecision & thermal control, screen off max freq, touch boost & many more

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: 2014-04
    Beta Release Date: 2014-12-02

Created 2014-12-02
    Last Updated 2015-01-28
    Reserved

mirror link
    in case mediafire gives you any trouble

EXTRA STUFF
    Quickboot (4.4 AOSP KitKat only for now)
    Quickboot.zip
    Compatible on most AOSP 4.4 Roms, if compatible you'll see Quickboot option in developer settings. Flash via recovery.
    Allows device to power off and power on very quickly
    (Note:requires you to press power button twice to turn back on,1st a 2 sec. press then second long press and it will vibrate then turn on )
    NeOcOrE Touchwiz

So i needed a bugless camera back in the holidays so had to flash back to touchwiz and thus NeOcOrE for Touchwiz ROMs was born... same instructions and Disclaimer applies

WHATS INSIDE TW version

LZ4 compressed
    faux sound control
    bld scheduler
    power effecient workques
    CPU OC
    Voltage control
    max screen off CPU freq of 702mhz to save power
    f2fs support??? never got it to boot though, keeps changing cache back to ext4
    usb fastcharge
    asynchronous fsync
    dynamic readahead

Links
    initial release
    neocore-tw-kernel-2015-01-17.zip

Latest release
    neocore-tw-kernel-2015-01-29 - trinity colors added, run "trinity" command as superuser via terminal, enjoy
    What governor and scheduler are you using?
    I'm guessing default... There's not much to choose from... This has been optimized to be responsive 2hen in use and be battery friendly when in standby... Though right now I am on intellimm on my most recent build ... Seems promising... Next upload will have it but default would still be interactive
    Any of you guys interested in sweep2wake/doubletap2wake? had it working before in my older builds but it got derped in my latest builds causing lock ups, didn't add it back in afterwards,