Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,294 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [MIUI v5] Samsung Galaxy S3 Tmobile (d2tmo) - Latest Rom

Tip us?

anonymous007
Old
Thanks Meter 115

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3deviant721 View Post
The LeanKernel anonymous007 linked to boots MIUI fine. I'm having couple of issues though...

It seems that I can't write to my external SD and I like to use 240 as my DPI... Using a 240 DPI causes MIUI to look funny... Can I do anything about these issues?

GS³: Carbonized, LeanKernel'd, Philz'd
Did the external SD card work before flashing the kernel? and by writing do you mean as in download's going to the SD card etc? As for dpi there's a app in the Playstore that should work called dpi changer, used it a few times back in CM11 and Omni Rom.
If I helped you out in anyway, be sure to hit "Thanks"
Old Device: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747
Recent Device: AT&T Lumia 520
Current Device: AT&T iPhone 5c

mp3deviant721
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous007 View Post
Did the external SD card work before flashing the kernel? and by writing do you mean as in download's going to the SD card etc? As for dpi there's a app in the Playstore that should work called dpi changer, used it a few times back in CM11 and Omni Rom.
On MIUI, the SD is not writable on a clean flash and after flashing the kernel. On Carbon, it works fine. I changed the DPI directly through Root Explorer. But that's not the issue, the issue is that the tops of all the icons are cut off as well the top of the Settings tab is messed up. I should have took a screenshot, but I can re-flash it and take a screenshot if needed.

Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999 (Main Device)
ROM: CarbonRom 4.4.4 | GApps: BaNkS Minimal | Kernel: LeanKernel v9.8exp1 | Recovery: Philz 6.47.0 | Radio: UVUENC2

소녀시대, 티아라, & 에이오에이 fighting!

Other devices:

Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-T989
ROM: CarbonRom 4.4.3 | GApps: BaNkS Minimal | Kernel: WildKernel v003 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 | Radio: UVMC6

Samsung Epic 4G Touch SPH-D710
ROM: PAC-Rom 4.4.2 | GApps: BaNkS Minimal | Kernel: Stock | Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0 | Radio: Disabled

tigeer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Is OTA update working for everyone? Just making sure that it is working.

anonymous007
Old
Thanks Meter 115

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3deviant721 View Post
On MIUI, the SD is not writable on a clean flash and after flashing the kernel. On Carbon, it works fine. I changed the DPI directly through Root Explorer. But that's not the issue, the issue is that the tops of all the icons are cut off as well the top of the Settings tab is messed up. I should have took a screenshot, but I can re-flash it and take a screenshot if needed.

Might want to get with @tigeer on that one. I don't have a S3 anymore to test and recreate these symptoms :/ I just provide support and inquiry when needed. but if anything I would assume those issues have to do with the patch rom. If possible a screenshot would help.
If I helped you out in anyway, be sure to hit "Thanks"
Old Device: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-i747
Recent Device: AT&T Lumia 520
Current Device: AT&T iPhone 5c