Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,295 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New TMO & ISIS/Serve Promo (Can get up to $60)

Tip us?

goldentequila
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Talking New TMO & ISIS/Serve Promo (Can get up to $60)

Hi,

Just wanted to share a pretty neat new promo. I know We had this before, but it was $25 then. It is now $50! Before, $25 wasn't enough to convince me to do it, but this time around, I did it. It was much easier than I though (takes only a few mins to set it up and only 10-20 mins to receive $50). And, no, there's no hidden fee/charge, etc (the first thing I researched of course). You don't even need to give them your credit card into, which is sweet. What's even better, you can also get an additional $10 following the instruction below. That's a total of $60 free. Another added bonus is, right now, they are giving back $1 for every purchase of $1 or more (so, if you buy a $1 candy, you get the money back = FREE!). I highly recommend you take advantage of these promos. Here's how you can get free $60.

What you need:

- ISIS compatible phone (NFC required) The link of the first step below will show your phone, so you'll know then)
*If your phone is rooted, you will need to use RootCloak via Xposedinstaller

- ISIS compatible SIM card (if it is, it has isis branded on it - I hear some TMO stores will provide it free of charge while others may charge you)

Steps

- Go to ISIS

- On that page, select T Mobile as your carrier of course.

- Select your phone/device.

- Click on the Google Play link (You could install it directly from your phone, but if you don't get it through this web page, you will only get $50, not $60)

- Log in, choose your device, and hit install. This will install the app on your phone.

- Open the app and sign up for American Express Serve account via ISIS (by signing up through the ISIS app, they waive you the monthly fee, so you won't be charged anything at all).

- Follow instructions and create both ISIS and American Express Serve accounts.

- Once you finish the steps, including verifying accounts via email, you will receive your $60. Mine arrived after only 10 minutes, but the processing time may vary.

ATT and Verizon have similar offers, but theirs are only $25. I'm glad I stayed with T Mobile. Go TMO!

Cheers,
The Following User Says Thank You to goldentequila For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5187

DONATE TO ME
Obviously I haven't looked at the T&C or any of the details yet, but does anyone know if the monthly fee they waive is just one month, or a certain amount of time, or permanent?

Also, if you get an Isis compatible SIM, can you still use Google wallet?

Ill be looking into this a little later and will ket you guys know how it goes. Hopefully it'll bring me that much closer to finally fixing my S3 so I can play again!

Thanks for the post btw!

WhoWhere
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Does anyone know how to get this working on slimkat? The play store is giving me a device not compatible error.

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5187

DONATE TO ME
Probably a build.prop edit is needed.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WhoWhere
Old
(Last edited by WhoWhere; 7th July 2014 at 03:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 85
Yeah, it looks like that is most likely the case. I'm going to have to play with this one on both mine and my wife's phones.

WhoWhere
Old
(Last edited by WhoWhere; 7th July 2014 at 05:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 85
Wow it's getting difficult to modify system files with 4.4. I thought i had my build.prop replaced but I guess not. Here goes attempt x2