Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

4.4 Roms that allow me to install apps to SD?

OP jfleegle

5th September 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 2

53 posts
More
I just installed Cyanogen 11 on my Galaxy S3 and was horrified to find out that I can no longer move apps to my external SD card. On the stock unrooted ROM, I was constantly running at 1Gb or less free space on the internal storage, even after moving all the apps to SD that I could.

Is there a 4.4 ROM that has the Move to SD feature enabled? If not, can anyone point me to information on how it can be done on CM11?
5th September 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 122

348 posts
More
I checked on my current ROM, Carbon, and there is an option to move to SD. Its greyed out for some apps but the option is definitely there.

GS³: Carbonized, leanKernel'd, Philz'd
Put your Kitsune up!
5th September 2014, 02:29 PM   |  #3  
Flag Lexington, KY
Thanks Meter: 31

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfleegle

I just installed Cyanogen 11 on my Galaxy S3 and was horrified to find out that I can no longer move apps to my external SD card. On the stock unrooted ROM, I was constantly running at 1Gb or less free space on the internal storage, even after moving all the apps to SD that I could.

Is there a 4.4 ROM that has the Move to SD feature enabled? If not, can anyone point me to information on how it can be done on CM11?

Or you could simply download an app that allows you to move to SD i.e. app2sd from the Play Store.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread