Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 38,855 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4 Roms that allow me to install apps to SD?

Tip us?

jfleegle
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default 4.4 Roms that allow me to install apps to SD?

I just installed Cyanogen 11 on my Galaxy S3 and was horrified to find out that I can no longer move apps to my external SD card. On the stock unrooted ROM, I was constantly running at 1Gb or less free space on the internal storage, even after moving all the apps to SD that I could.

Is there a 4.4 ROM that has the Move to SD feature enabled? If not, can anyone point me to information on how it can be done on CM11?

mp3deviant721
Old
Thanks Meter 74
I checked on my current ROM, Carbon, and there is an option to move to SD. Its greyed out for some apps but the option is definitely there.

GS³: Carbonized, leanKernel'd, Philz'd
Put your Kitsune up!
Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999 (Main Device)
ROM: CarbonRom 4.4.4 | GApps: BaNkS Minimal | Kernel: LeanKernel v9.12exp1 | Recovery: Philz 6.48.4 | Radio: UVUEMJ4

소녀시대, 티아라, & 에이오에이 fighting!

daggorlad
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfleegle View Post
I just installed Cyanogen 11 on my Galaxy S3 and was horrified to find out that I can no longer move apps to my external SD card. On the stock unrooted ROM, I was constantly running at 1Gb or less free space on the internal storage, even after moving all the apps to SD that I could.

Is there a 4.4 ROM that has the Move to SD feature enabled? If not, can anyone point me to information on how it can be done on CM11?
Or you could simply download an app that allows you to move to SD i.e. app2sd from the Play Store.