Ask a question

No registration required

Unhappy [Q] plz Help SGH-T999 and GT-I9300 confusion

OP Khalilmawat

25th August 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I request you All to plz help me regarding that problem,,,, i bought samsung galaxy S3 mobile from a friend... now i m confused in Gt-I9300 and SGH-T999... plz tell me that what phone basically i m using ,,,,

when i go to setting in phones it shows about phone GT-I9300 like below in the picture...
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-26-01-05-46.png
Views:	43
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	2912134

but when i go to the downloading mode it says like below SGH-T999
product Name: SGH-T999
Custom Binary Download: Yes (10 counts)
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Castom
Qualcom secureboot: Enable

** now e days i facing another problem too,,, No registered network
Help
25th August 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #2  
Flag Lexington, KY
Thanks Meter: 32

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalilmawat

I request you All to plz help me regarding that problem,,,, i bought samsung galaxy S3 mobile from a friend... now i m confused in Gt-I9300 and SGH-T999... plz tell me that what phone basically i m using ,,,,

when i go to setting in phones it shows about phone GT-I9300 like below in the picture...
Attachment 2912134

but when i go to the downloading mode it says like below SGH-T999
product Name: SGH-T999
Custom Binary Download: Yes (10 counts)
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Castom
Qualcom secureboot: Enable

** now e days i facing another problem too,,, No registered network
Help

See this thread
26th August 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,497

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yup. Sounds like another franken-phone. The think i find very odd here is the T999 in download mode. Everything else points to it being an i9300. What does it say under the battery?
Get Phone Info *Samsung* app from the store and post what build/version it says you're running for the firmware, bootloader, csc, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Unhappy help plz,,, i m too much worry when got that info
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Yup. Sounds like another franken-phone. The think i find very odd here is the T999 in download mode. Everything else points to it being an i9300. What does it say under the battery?
Get Phone Info *Samsung* app from the store and post what build/version it says you're running for the firmware, bootloader, csc, etc.

UNDER the battery Info..
Model: GT-I9300
FCC ID: A3LGTI9300
SSN:-I9300GSMH
Made in Vietnam by Samsung
IMEI: 352315/05/149915/6
S/N:RFSD32DS5H5

Phone Info *Samsung* app Screenshots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (92.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (72.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (105.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (114.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (85.2 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (95.8 KB, 17 views)
26th August 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Id say thats a Chinese onock off if ive ever seen one! Depending on what you look at, its a T999, T999V, I9300, I535 and probably more!

If download mode says its a T999 it probably. Wont flash anything but T999 firmware. Problem is, i have no idea if thatll brick it.

And doncha love how its showing two completly different basebands?!
26th August 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #6  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 882

2,571 posts
More
I9300 baseband in settings, t999 baseband in phone info app.. wow, just wow.. OP can you install this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...emmonitor.lite and post the CPU and ram info? I'm really curious now

Edit: also no manufacturing date.. and you may want to delete or edit the screenshot showing your imei
Last edited by serio22; 26th August 2014 at 11:30 PM.
27th August 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
tell me plz
Quote:

Id say thats a Chinese onock off if ive ever seen one! Depending on what you look at, its a T999, T999V, I9300, I535 and probably more!

If download mode says its a T999 it probably. Wont flash anything but T999 firmware. Problem is, i have no idea if thatll brick it.

And doncha love how its showing two completly different basebands?!

tell me plz that this phone is Korean or china,,,, this is not seem to be original,,, what u say???
27th August 2014, 09:26 AM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
I think its more likely Chinese. Even if its somehow not a knock off, that app shows the CSC code its using to be from China.
27th August 2014, 10:47 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
hmmm
Quote:

I think its more likely Chinese. Even if its somehow not a knock off, that app shows the CSC code its using to be from China.

but the app also says that Country of Origin: Made in Korea
27th August 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
It may be from Korea. Theres really no way to know for certain. I just know that if it really is using mixed up soft/firmware, it should be bricked. It just leads me to believe someone hacked things up pretty good and possibly wanted it to be confusing to anyone who looked. We do know that lots of faked devices do come out of China, really, the vast majority of them do.

I suppise it could be possible it was a refurb gone badly wrong and somehow just worked, but weve seen a number of these in the past several months. I just dont see how there would be mistakes made on such a scale and then the device be allowed to be shipped back out.

Unfortunately, i dont know of any good way to determine the truth about its origin or why it is the way it is. I can only speculate. And because of all the mixed up information i just dont know what you could safely do with it. You might be able to flash the T999 firmware since it shows T999 in Download Mode. But i cant recommend it because i dont know if it would brick it or not.

I think you should ask the friend who sold it to you if they can explain any of it.
For your network issues you should first check if the IMEI is blacklisted.

Also, look for the sticker under the battery and make sure the IMEI matches.

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 AM ----------

Another mystery...it looks like theres a software update (statusbar icon).

Also just noticed you said the sticker says it was made in Vietnam.
I was going to say that judging by the phone info app and other things that it may well be a T999. But then the sticker shows the model, FCC id, and ssn to belong to an i9300.

I am sorry i dont have any good explanation for you....i cant stand these frankenphones!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread