Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 40,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Good App backup app.

Tip us?

neal74
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Good App backup app.

Hello friends,

I'm kinda still new to the whole custom rom world and have a question. I really like flashing and testing new roms but the one thing I hate is having to download all the apps again from the play store, even though it syncs up and starts automatically downloading all of them it's way too time consuming and not to mention uses more data. I was going to see if you guys could recommend a good backup app that would back all my apps and their data up to my SD card so after flashing a new app I could just install the one backup app then use it to restore the apps/data/sms etc. from my SD card. I see several in the play store such as titanium but was wanted to get a few opinions from folks that have more experience. I'd prefer free but would not mind paying a few bucks ..say $3-5 for a good well rounded app.

Thanks and have a great day!

-Neal

wtrhzrd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Titanium is the overall best/most features IMO. Backup/Restore, Uninstall, Freeze apps, etc... I've used it for a long time, and I really like it.

neal74
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtrhzrd View Post
Titanium is the overall best/most features IMO. Backup/Restore, Uninstall, Freeze apps, etc... I've used it for a long time, and I really like it.
Thanks, I give it a try...I noticed that it has the option to backup app+system. I have a followup question on this regarding backing up the "system info". If I was on rom sokp version 1.5 and made my backups that included the system file and then the sokp team released another version that had bug fixes in it ..lets say V1.7 and I installed it and then did a restore...would restoring the system contents onto the new rom change it back to what I had and end up breaking things that were fixed. Hope this makes since. Lets say bluetooth was broke on my current rom that I've made apps+system backups and then I install V1.7 which fixes the bluetooth...would me restoring the system folder break bluetooth again and whatever else they've fixed. Also, what if I want to kick around another rom...lets say carbon ...would restoring my backups cause it issues.

Thanks guys!

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,053

DONATE TO ME
You can only restore system data to the same or updated versions of a ROM. In most cases, its best to start from scratch with things such as your settings. (Contacts/calendar data should restore ok regardless)

neal74
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks DOC!!