Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,082 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked phone :(

Tip us?

butch81385
Old
(Last edited by butch81385; 21st July 2014 at 07:06 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bricked phone :(

So, I was following directions online to try to get 4.4 on my Galaxy S3 (t-mobile). Well, I should have double checked the steps with another website. It had me copy the FlashingDroid zip to my SD card, boot to recovery mode, wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik. Then install from SD card and reboot. My phone now does not power on, including recovery mode or download mode.

Looking at other sites, it appears that the steps I followed probably left out the important part of rooting and installing the correct recovery.

Is there anything I can do? Sorry to take up your time because I got in above my head and made a stupid mistake.

EDIT: I do have a "jig" on the way to try to fix it that way.

Darke5tShad0w
Old
Thanks Meter 68
If you followed them from this thread then indeed it is bricked as this is for the i9300 international version. You need to report you post to the mods so it can be moved to your relevant section.

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 699
Look at the debrick thread, should fix your problem

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,009

DONATE TO ME
Never heard of "FlashingDroid". Probably not for this device. If you have a T999, try the debrick thread. If you have anything else, ask in that devices forum if they can help.