Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,439 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung galaxy SIII hard bricked will not boot but ODIN can recognize it

Tip us?

saeedco
Old
(Last edited by saeedco; 30th November 2012 at 07:19 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] Samsung galaxy SIII hard bricked will not boot but ODIN can recognize it

Samsung galaxy SIII hard bricked will not boot no power, but ODIN 1.85 can recognize it, (not the new Odins), when I try to re-flash it with Odin I get stuck at setupConnection..
any help? can I use the small USB mod
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SIII.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	1524807  

chrisram88
Old
Thanks Meter 165
If you don't mind me asking, how you brick your phone?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
Sony Xperia Z1s

T-mobile Samsung Galaxy S3
Rom: 4.3 DOC ROM
Recovery: TWRP
LG G2x p999
ROM: Euroskank GB
Recovery: CWM

chubby1_8888
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i have the same problem i used the Odin3 v1.85 and installed CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4 zip but it failed. so then i tried to reboot it and said firmware update encountered an issue and something else. then i looked up how to unbrick and the post said to downloaded the zip CF-Insecure-SGS3_XX_NEE_ALE8-v1.2 and used Odin to install now i got nothing but a black screen buy it will go into download mode and Odin read it

crusecontrl
Old
Thanks Meter 52
You're not hard bricked if Odin can read your phone. Reboot your computer then reconnect and flash a stock rom to be safe.

zoth
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby1_8888 View Post
i have the same problem i used the Odin3 v1.85 and installed CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4 zip but it failed. so then i tried to reboot it and said firmware update encountered an issue and something else. then i looked up how to unbrick and the post said to downloaded the zip CF-Insecure-SGS3_XX_NEE_ALE8-v1.2 and used Odin to install now i got nothing but a black screen buy it will go into download mode and Odin read it
If I'm not wrong ODIN uses TAR files and not ZIP files. Try unziping and see if there is a TAR file if there is then thats what you have to use in ODIN.
TMO Samsung Galaxy S III 32 gig White:
WICKED JB 10
Recovery: CWM 6.0.2.3 Touch
SanDisk 64gb MicroSDXC I

TMO Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Black
Jedi Elite KK V1.1
CF Auto Root (Thanks Chainfire)
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0
SanDisk 64gb MicroSDXC I Class 10

Kevinreid1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Same as OP's phone

Sprint s3 flash pacman JB and google apps the went to reboot recovery ask to reflash su yes phone powered off and no coming back on Odin does detect it on com05 when I plug it in but anything I try to do just says waiting on connection, will not go into recovery or download modes. is there anything I can do to fix it? kies or anything? and I edited the updater scripts to be able to flash pacman because every rom I tried would fail with error 7............ please help

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinreid1 View Post
Sprint s3 flash pacman JB and google apps the went to reboot recovery ask to reflash su yes phone powered off and no coming back on Odin does detect it on com05 when I plug it in but anything I try to do just says waiting on connection, will not go into recovery or download modes. is there anything I can do to fix it? kies or anything? and I edited the updater scripts to be able to flash pacman because every rom I tried would fail with error 7............ please help
Do you get a message when you plug it into your computer? Does the red LED turn on? Editing the scripts is dangerous if you don't know what you are doing!

Kevinreid1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
Do you get a message when you plug it into your computer? Does the red LED turn on? Editing the scripts is dangerous if you don't know what you are doing!
followed the guides about it just removed from top to quotes dealing with checking versions of device.

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinreid1 View Post
followed the guides about it just removed from top to quotes dealing with checking versions of device.
I'm not saying that was the problem or that you did it wrong, but maybe the ROM was forced to flash and was truly not compatible or was corrupt, bricks are highly likely to occur in this case

Kevinreid1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
I'm not saying that was the problem or that you did it wrong, but maybe the ROM was forced to flash and was truly not compatible or was corrupt, bricks are highly likely to occur in this case
The roms I have downloaded are supposed to be for Sprint s3 I was running stock JB 4.3 if that makes any difference, any help on what to do know, thinking of trying the unbrick mmc card trick .... idk what else to do... thanks : ) and something went wrong somewhere for sure... lol I also found out my exact model number if that helps. SPH-L710MBBSPR again thanks for you responses..