Unhappy

[Q] Samsung galaxy SIII hard bricked will not boot but ODIN can recognize it

30th November 2012, 06:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

50 posts
Samsung galaxy SIII hard bricked will not boot no power, but ODIN 1.85 can recognize it, (not the new Odins), when I try to re-flash it with Odin I get stuck at setupConnection..
any help? can I use the small USB mod
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SIII.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	1524807  
Last edited by saeedco; 30th November 2012 at 07:19 PM.
1st December 2012, 10:34 AM   |  #2  
Flag san dimas (Los Angeles)
Thanks Meter: 165

963 posts
More
If you don't mind me asking, how you brick your phone?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
2nd December 2012, 05:35 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
i have the same problem i used the Odin3 v1.85 and installed CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4 zip but it failed. so then i tried to reboot it and said firmware update encountered an issue and something else. then i looked up how to unbrick and the post said to downloaded the zip CF-Insecure-SGS3_XX_NEE_ALE8-v1.2 and used Odin to install now i got nothing but a black screen buy it will go into download mode and Odin read it
2nd December 2012, 06:24 AM   |  #4  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 52

295 posts
More
You're not hard bricked if Odin can read your phone. Reboot your computer then reconnect and flash a stock rom to be safe.
2nd December 2012, 03:03 PM   |  #5  
Flag TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 105

957 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubby1_8888

i have the same problem i used the Odin3 v1.85 and installed CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4 zip but it failed. so then i tried to reboot it and said firmware update encountered an issue and something else. then i looked up how to unbrick and the post said to downloaded the zip CF-Insecure-SGS3_XX_NEE_ALE8-v1.2 and used Odin to install now i got nothing but a black screen buy it will go into download mode and Odin read it

If I'm not wrong ODIN uses TAR files and not ZIP files. Try unziping and see if there is a TAR file if there is then thats what you have to use in ODIN.
8th July 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #6  

31 posts
Same as OP's phone
Sprint s3 flash pacman JB and google apps the went to reboot recovery ask to reflash su yes phone powered off and no coming back on Odin does detect it on com05 when I plug it in but anything I try to do just says waiting on connection, will not go into recovery or download modes. is there anything I can do to fix it? kies or anything? and I edited the updater scripts to be able to flash pacman because every rom I tried would fail with error 7............ please help
8th July 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #7  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 715

2,229 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinreid1

Sprint s3 flash pacman JB and google apps the went to reboot recovery ask to reflash su yes phone powered off and no coming back on Odin does detect it on com05 when I plug it in but anything I try to do just says waiting on connection, will not go into recovery or download modes. is there anything I can do to fix it? kies or anything? and I edited the updater scripts to be able to flash pacman because every rom I tried would fail with error 7............ please help

Do you get a message when you plug it into your computer? Does the red LED turn on? Editing the scripts is dangerous if you don't know what you are doing!
8th July 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #8  

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

Do you get a message when you plug it into your computer? Does the red LED turn on? Editing the scripts is dangerous if you don't know what you are doing!

followed the guides about it just removed from top to quotes dealing with checking versions of device.
8th July 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #9  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 715

2,229 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinreid1

followed the guides about it just removed from top to quotes dealing with checking versions of device.

I'm not saying that was the problem or that you did it wrong, but maybe the ROM was forced to flash and was truly not compatible or was corrupt, bricks are highly likely to occur in this case
8th July 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #10  

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

I'm not saying that was the problem or that you did it wrong, but maybe the ROM was forced to flash and was truly not compatible or was corrupt, bricks are highly likely to occur in this case

The roms I have downloaded are supposed to be for Sprint s3 I was running stock JB 4.3 if that makes any difference, any help on what to do know, thinking of trying the unbrick mmc card trick .... idk what else to do... thanks : ) and something went wrong somewhere for sure... lol I also found out my exact model number if that helps. SPH-L710MBBSPR again thanks for you responses..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread