Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] cannot connect to the camera error problem

Tip us?

dikachik1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] cannot connect to the camera error problem

Am so sorry mods if i didn't post this in the right section, I have limited sections i can paste owing to the fact that am still a junior member and my posts aren't up to 10. I have an sgh-t999 samsung galaxy s3, that is the snapdragon chipset type. I would love to update the whole firmware to 4.3 boatloader, baseband and so on just dat i've only succeeded in updating the baseband to the latest but not the boatloader cos it will involve downloading the whole firmware and am scared of this knox security stuff imbeded in 4.3 and another thing is that i have a slow network which might cause broken and corrupt downloads. My main problem is that when ever i flash any kitkat custom rom, that is all this weekly, nightlies and so on roms, am always having this persistent cannot connect to the camera error which i have searched for a fix to no avail. Ok look at how I have tried to fix it, i copied the camera data of a touchwhiz rom to replace the kitkat own but no changes, have tried restarting and wiping but still same problem. I happened to come across this beautiful rom ie [D2LTE]
~~AICP~~4.4.4----{5.0}---(RELEASE)-JUN-25 rom which i so much love and discovered that it has same problem. Seriously if it were just the bluetooth, i wouldn't have any problems but the camera is ab essential somethhing i can't stay with. Is this problem because am flashing a kitkat custom rom without an updated boatloader or is it particular to the rom? I need some help plz. How do i have a long standing solution to it?

captaindeep
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikachik1 View Post
Am so sorry mods if i didn't post this in the right section, I have limited sections i can paste owing to the fact that am still a junior member and my posts aren't up to 10. I have an sgh-t999 samsung galaxy s3, that is the snapdragon chipset type. I would love to update the whole firmware to 4.3 boatloader, baseband and so on just dat i've only succeeded in updating the baseband to the latest but not the boatloader cos it will involve downloading the whole firmware and am scared of this knox security stuff imbeded in 4.3 and another thing is that i have a slow network which might cause broken and corrupt downloads. My main problem is that when ever i flash any kitkat custom rom, that is all this weekly, nightlies and so on roms, am always having this persistent cannot connect to the camera error which i have searched for a fix to no avail. Ok look at how I have tried to fix it, i copied the camera data of a touchwhiz rom to replace the kitkat own but no changes, have tried restarting and wiping but still same problem. I happened to come across this beautiful rom ie [D2LTE]
~~AICP~~4.4.4----{5.0}---(RELEASE)-JUN-25 rom which i so much love and discovered that it has same problem. Seriously if it were just the bluetooth, i wouldn't have any problems but the camera is ab essential somethhing i can't stay with. Is this problem because am flashing a kitkat custom rom without an updated boatloader or is it particular to the rom? I need some help plz. How do i have a long standing solution to it?
Are you getting force close?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to captaindeep For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anil2653
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikachik1 View Post
As you have installed custom recovery so I feel it might have increased your warranty count and as far flashing 4.3 rom, I don't think if you flash root66 of latest NC2 build is going to harm as only thing that you will not be /should not flash older firmware in Odin as it will brick your device but you will be able to flash older custom Rom in recovery without any issues
With this you will be enjoying latest bootloader and modem and use all 4.4 Rom without issues.
For camera issue, you download other camera from play store and try as I used Google camera without issues on this Rom but I am on latest bootloader and modem.
Love XDA

Click Thanks if you like my post.
The Following User Says Thank You to anil2653 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dikachik1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Something like a force close

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindeep View Post
Are you getting force close?

Sent from my GT-I9100G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Not exactly cos when i tap on the camera icon, the error message just appears ie cannot connect to the camera, restart camera or ok. When u click on restart, the camera just restarts but does same thing but if u click on ok, the camera just closes.