OP ShernDog

11th July 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 7

81 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've tried slimkat stable 6 and cm 11 m8 and I'm getting the same browser error on both ROMs. For each install I formatted every single partition and did a clean install through adb push. I've asked on both forums and nobody has an answer, and this issue prevents me from opening gmail thumbnails or viewing images. I heard it had something to do with SSL? I tried disabling browser, reenabling, clearing data, rebooting etc etc but nothing is working! Could someone please help?
11th July 2014, 09:09 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,497

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Dont know if I can help much as im not very familiar with cm. But have you tried an alternative browser from the play store? Does it happen on mobile data and wifi?
Id flash the stock firmware via Odin and test there. If it still happens then, its probably not the rom, but more likely to be a network problem.
11th July 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 7

81 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm using a different browser, they work fine but apps like gmail use the stock browser to view images and such.
11th July 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Im not real sure then....Hopefully someone who knows cm better than me will have some thoughts to share.

I did see another user with a similar problem earlier. I think it was in the AT&T forums. If I find it again ill post the link so you can monitor that thread for help too.
12th July 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Heres the thread I mentioned earlier.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2812768

No answers there yet either, but hopefully if a solution is found there it'll help you here as well.

Its not the exact same error, but seems to be similar enough to watch. Hope it ends up helping...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread