Impossible Samsung Galaxy S3- Desperately need help.

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By alexnoodle, Junior Member on 26th October 2015, 03:35 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
A few days ago, my samsung started to act funny. I tried to send texts, but my phone just kept saying that it was sending the texts and hours later it would tell me that it failed to send the text. I thought it was weird, but I left it alone. Then, my phone no longer let me download any apps, every time I would try to download an app it would just stay loading without actually making any progress. Finally, I got sick of it so I tried to factory reset my phone. Only now, I can't get past the T-mobile splash screen. I bought this phone off ebay about 10 months ago and when I tried to update it, I was informed that the device was modified even though it was running stock firmware (no sd card at the time). Can someone please tell me how to fix my phone? I don't exactly have the funds to get a new one.
8th November 2015, 02:57 PM |#2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 2,716
Try re-flashing a stock ROM from Just make sure that the ROM you flash is not older than the ROM currently on the phone.

If you are unsure about the ROM on your phone and there is no warranty left, you could flash a custom recovery and custom ROM too.
Last edited by audit13; 8th November 2015 at 03:00 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th November 2015, 07:51 PM |#3  
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,851
Donate to Me
I agree with audit13 that you should flash the stock firmware. It's the only way to reliably troubleshoot problems such as this.

I'm assuming it's a T999 or variant. If so rather than go to, you can find all firmware in my thread stickied in the development section and linked in my sig. (Much Faster download and you don't have to register on another site)

As warned above, just do not flash any older firmware (if your already on 4.3) than what is on the device. Only the same or newer.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread