Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,787 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Likewise 4.4.2 ROM does not boot

Tip us?

guitar94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Likewise 4.4.2 ROM does not boot

Hi there, just registered to post this question regarding loading the Likewise 4.4.2 rom on tmobile galaxy s3. I cannot get it the rom to boot despite coming from android 4.3 and using TWRP. I have tried twice and both times the rom will not boot and I just get a black screen, forcing me to do another restore.

Does anyone have any advice? I will include a screenshot to show my current android version, which is what its supposed to be (4.3.) The only thing I've heard that causes problems with this rom is not being updated to 4.3, or not using TWRP. I don't know what is wrong here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-07-23-03-55[1].png
Views:	27
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	2839565  

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5192

DONATE TO ME
You need to update your firmware to 4.3. Your current rom has no bearing on this whatsoever.

guitar94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
You need to update your fimware to 4.3. Your current rom has no bearing on this whatsoever.
Okay thanks. I feel like i may have done that already, back when i installed the unnofficial 4.3 software, but since the rom isnt booting maybe not.
On the xda page for the 4.3 firmware it says something about having to be stock/unmodified - is this true or can I flash the 4.3 firmware no matter what ROM I'm using.

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5192

DONATE TO ME
Ypu can flash the firmware with odin regardless. You only have to be stock unmodified yo use the ota.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

guitar94
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks got it working