Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Exclamation [Help] Unrooting Samsung Galaxy S3 urgent!

OP GS3User15

21st June 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
About a month ago I rooted my Galaxy S3 and tried to install CM11. Long story short it did not all work out well because Knox security would not let me install any root apps. And the rumor is that the Galaxy S3 is about to receive the new KitKat update and I would like to unroot the phone before the update arrives so that I can have a chance to install it. I have tried on my own by following some instructions from some websites but so far nothing seems to work. I downloaded the correct firmware from SamMobile and downloaded Odin. When I plug the phone in and start the Odin process everything seems to be going well until a big red "FAIL!" pops up. I'm hoping I don't damage my phone in the process, but so far it hasnt been bricked yet. Please, any help is appreciated.
21st June 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #2  
getochkn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 494
 
810 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
what model of S3 do you have? There is many.
21st June 2014, 06:45 PM   |  #3  
thecoolster's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
99 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS3User15

About a month ago I rooted my Galaxy S3 and tried to install CM11. Long story short it did not all work out well because Knox security would not let me install any root apps. And the rumor is that the Galaxy S3 is about to receive the new KitKat update and I would like to unroot the phone before the update arrives so that I can have a chance to install it. I have tried on my own by following some instructions from some websites but so far nothing seems to work. I downloaded the correct firmware from SamMobile and downloaded Odin. When I plug the phone in and start the Odin process everything seems to be going well until a big red "FAIL!" pops up. I'm hoping I don't damage my phone in the process, but so far it hasnt been bricked yet. Please, any help is appreciated.

Check out an app called universal unroot it worked for me........ Not sure if it works for Samsung devices

Here is the link
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...iversal+unroot

Here is some information :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2231096

Press the thanks button if I helped!!!!!!
I am sure it will work


Sent from my MIND using my BODY....(JUST KIDDING)
21st June 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #4  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 843
 
2,494 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Download the stock firmware, flash it with Odin, reboot to stock recovery and factory reset

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
21st June 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #5  
thecoolster's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
99 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS3User15

About a month ago I rooted my Galaxy S3 and tried to install CM11. Long story short it did not all work out well because Knox security would not let me install any root apps. And the rumor is that the Galaxy S3 is about to receive the new KitKat update and I would like to unroot the phone before the update arrives so that I can have a chance to install it. I have tried on my own by following some instructions from some websites but so far nothing seems to work. I downloaded the correct firmware from SamMobile and downloaded Odin. When I plug the phone in and start the Odin process everything seems to be going well until a big red "FAIL!" pops up. I'm hoping I don't damage my phone in the process, but so far it hasnt been bricked yet. Please, any help is appreciated.

I guess u can update your device when the update comes u don't need to unroot.... The update will automatically unroot your phone....
If I am mistaken pls correct me thanks.....

Sent from my MIND using my BODY....(JUST KIDDING)
21st June 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #6  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,487
 
9,195 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
The best bet is to get that firmware to flash. You can try using an unroot option if all else fails (in the supersu app, just choose Full Unroot).

But if you want to try to get the firmware flashed, we need more info about what's happening. In particular, what model device, your current firmware version, the version you are trying to flash, where you got it from, and most importantly, what does Odin say when it fails? (Copy the text in your post)
21st June 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

The best bet is to get that firmware to flash. You can try using an unroot option if all else fails (in the supersu app, just choose Full Unroot).

But if you want to try to get the firmware flashed, we need more info about what's happening. In particular, what model device, your current firmware version, the version you are trying to flash, where you got it from, and most importantly, what does Odin say when it fails? (Copy the text in your post)

Okay, I'll get the text off Odin as soon as my phone charges to 80% or so. Should be about an hour or so.


Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app
21st June 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Okay so now for some reason Odin won't add the phone when its plugged in and in download mode. Maybe its because my battery charge wasn't at 80% or higher? Or could it be because I deleted the SuperSU file? And was it a bad idea to delet the file? Kinda frustrated cause I have no idea what's going on and why it won't unroot, I just want my phone back to normal...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app
22nd June 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #9  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 843
 
2,494 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Did you open Odin after you plugged it in?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
22nd June 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

Did you open Odin after you plugged it in?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Of course I did. I'm going to try again later today. Hopefully it works.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes