MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Lost my IMEI and Service Menu

28th August 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 2

77 posts
More
Hey everyone,

So recently i got my hands on a Samsung S3 T999V and have been playing around with it.
I managed to root it... and keep it rooted (damn Sammy's are a *itch compared to LG)

My current stats are:
I am rooted
Devicename: SGH-T999V
Model number: SGH-T999V
Android version : 4.4.2
Baseband version: Unknown
Kernel version: 3.4.0-1784548
dpi@SWDD5918#1
Wed Jun 4 19:40:12KST 2014

Build number: KOT49H.T999VVLUFNF1
SE for Android status: Enforcing
SEPF_SGH-T999V_4.4.2_0016
Wed Jun 04 19:40:01 2014

Checking *#06#: null / null
nothing when i enter *#197328640# my service mode is empty...nothing, nada, zip

Long story short..... i wanted to try unlocking it myself next. read and read till my head spun.
...and i took the plunge.

i maybe have tried downgrading to Frosty's 412, got into a repeating boot menu.... restored my back up, had to reset due to Google apps crashing, titanium'ed all my apps and data back....
...that's when i noticed it, i lost my imei and baseband...

(i'm currently asking DocHoliday77 for help, but recently been stuck to only working on it well.... at work )

..does anyone else have any ideas?
28th August 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag Montreal

77 posts
More
So i tried flashing the root66_VTR_T999VVLUEMK5 with MOBILE ODIN PRO, let's see if that helped any....
29th August 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,172

8,819 posts
Donate to Me
More
We can help get you straightened out as far as what is running on your device here in this thread if you prefer. But if the getting your firmware straightened out doesnt fix the imei, we will have to do thst via PM only. The tools and info required for the fix are not allowed to be posted publicly.

I just sent you a PM, but basically what i recommend at this point is to flash the full firmware usin Odin on the computer, not with Mobile Odin.

Mobile Odin only flashes system, kernel, modem and recovery. It doesnt touch the rest of the firmware which also includes the sbl2, sbl3, aboot, rpm and tz partitions.
We need to make sure your modem is matched to the rest of that firmware, so Mobile Odin just wont do the job here.
29th August 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Montreal

77 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

We can help get you straightened out as far as what is running on your device here in this thread if you prefer. But if the getting your firmware straightened out doesnt fix the imei, we will have to do thst via PM only. The tools and info required for the fix are not allowed to be posted publicly.

I just sent you a PM, but basically what i recommend at this point is to flash the full firmware usin Odin on the computer, not with Mobile Odin.

Mobile Odin only flashes system, kernel, modem and recovery. It doesnt touch the rest of the firmware which also includes the sbl2, sbl3, aboot, rpm and tz partitions.
We need to make sure your modem is matched to the rest of that firmware, so Mobile Odin just wont do the job here.

OK, as i answered in the PM and for the rest to see, this is where i am now:

I know, this is very confusing to me too. I'm not sure what i did this time, i think i flashed the root66_vtr or the stock firmware. I got the phone from my girlfriend, she thought it was dead due to the power supply not charging. Anyways, yesterday in haste of doing somehting before my day way over i did that, now my stats are:
BEFORE
Android version : 4.4.2
Kernel version: 3.4.0-1784548
dpi@SWDD5918#1
Wed Jun 4 19:40:12KST 2014
Build number: KOT49H.T999VVLUFNF1
SEPF_SGH-T999V_4.4.2_0016
Wed Jun 04 19:40:01 2014

checking *#197328640#: Service mode is empty...nothing, nada, zip

AFTER
Android version : 4.3
Kernel version: 3.0.31-2159044
se.infra@RO302-17 #1
Tue Nov 19 19:35:19 KST 2013
Build number:JSS15J.T999VVLUEMK5
SEPF_SGH-T999V_4.3_0010

checking *#197328640#: Service mode is empty...nothing, nada, zip

Now what? i have access to my laptop today, so most of the files i lost during the SDcard format (oops, i should have pulled it out) can be found again if need be.
29th August 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,172

8,819 posts
Donate to Me
More
Just sent you a PM. Ill be sending another very soon with what to do next. Sorry again for how confusing this has all gotten! I think you are where you need to be now though.
29th August 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Montreal

77 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Just sent you a PM. Ill be sending another very soon with what to do next. Sorry again for how confusing this has all gotten! I think you are where you need to be now though.

You don't know how good it is to hear that...
...maybe i should have paid the 30$ bucks and unlock it that way
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread