Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,797 Members 51,992 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Phone will only boot-loop... No matter WHAT!!

Tip us?

JeffreeHomicyde
Old
(Last edited by JeffreeHomicyde; 29th July 2014 at 10:00 PM.) Reason: forgot something!
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Phone will only boot-loop... No matter WHAT!!

Hey everyone... Im in a serious situation... I have scoured the entire internet trying to find a solution to my boot loop problem, but it isnt looking good... I originally had an older version of CWM, then a while back I flashed the original stock recovery and used the phone that way... well recently, I got bored and wanted something better than the 4.1.2 JB stock mod, and wanted something a little more, new! (which is why were all here, yeah?) anyways, I reflashed CWM (i dont remember which one, but it had to be older) and kept getting the dreaded STATUS 7... so, I moved up to PhilZ Touch 6 (CWM 6.0.4.5), and was able to flash 4 different roms..... but EVERY single one of them just boot loops... Also, I would have cleared DALVIK cache (in both older and NEWER CWM), but it doesnt do a damn thing... like it literally flickers the screen for a half second, and goes right back to where I was..... I just need a working phone!!! I honestly dont give a damn what OS I am using, I just cant go another day without my phone. Any and all help is much much much appreciated.... (Crosses fingers)

I am also getting every sort of E: cannot do this or that or mount bla bla bla...

I am still able to get into recovery, sync with Odin and do minimal things... Only thing it WONT do is BOOT! o.O

chevymeister
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreeHomicyde View Post
Hey everyone... Im in a serious situation... I have scoured the entire internet trying to find a solution to my boot loop problem, but it isnt looking good... I originally had an older version of CWM, then a while back I flashed the original stock recovery and used the phone that way... well recently, I got bored and wanted something better than the 4.1.2 JB stock mod, and wanted something a little more, new! (which is why were all here, yeah?) anyways, I reflashed CWM (i dont remember which one, but it had to be older) and kept getting the dreaded STATUS 7... so, I moved up to PhilZ Touch 6 (CWM 6.0.4.5), and was able to flash 4 different roms..... but EVERY single one of them just boot loops... Also, I would have cleared DALVIK cache (in both older and NEWER CWM), but it doesnt do a damn thing... like it literally flickers the screen for a half second, and goes right back to where I was..... I just need a working phone!!! I honestly dont give a damn what OS I am using, I just cant go another day without my phone. Any and all help is much much much appreciated.... (Crosses fingers)

I am also getting every sort of E: cannot do this or that or mount bla bla bla...

I am still able to get into recovery, sync with Odin and do minimal things... Only thing it WONT do is BOOT! o.O
Have you tried to flash a stock rom through odin? It'll restore your kernel, recovery and system back to stock and should not bootloop.

What carrier are you with?

JeffreeHomicyde
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymeister View Post
Have you tried to flash a stock rom through odin? It'll restore your kernel, recovery and system back to stock and should not bootloop.

What carrier are you with?
Yes, of course. I have been online for 2 days straight trying to fix this issue and tried MANY "FIXES" for similar issues, but no Cigar...

I am with TMO (SGH-T999L) US, btw

JeffreeHomicyde
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I would sincerely love just to have my phone back and operation-able..... weather an old custom ROM or back to factory 4.1.2 ... I truly dont mind either way, I just need her working again. lol

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,920

DONATE TO ME
You need to factory reset most likely. Wiping dalvik alone doesn't usually solve boot hangs. Factory resetting almost always does.

JeffreeHomicyde
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
You need to factory reset most likely. Wiping dalvik alone doesn't usually solve boot hangs. Factory resetting almost always does.
That did absolutely nil. Tried it many many times over...

I think a sensitive folder got deleted or something. I just had them send me a replacement. Thanks!

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,920

DONATE TO ME
Ok. Sorry I couldn't help. Glad to hear you're getting it taken care of though!