Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Phone will only boot-loop... No matter WHAT!!

OP JeffreeHomicyde

29th July 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hey everyone... Im in a serious situation... I have scoured the entire internet trying to find a solution to my boot loop problem, but it isnt looking good... I originally had an older version of CWM, then a while back I flashed the original stock recovery and used the phone that way... well recently, I got bored and wanted something better than the 4.1.2 JB stock mod, and wanted something a little more, new! (which is why were all here, yeah?) anyways, I reflashed CWM (i dont remember which one, but it had to be older) and kept getting the dreaded STATUS 7... so, I moved up to PhilZ Touch 6 (CWM 6.0.4.5), and was able to flash 4 different roms..... but EVERY single one of them just boot loops... Also, I would have cleared DALVIK cache (in both older and NEWER CWM), but it doesnt do a damn thing... like it literally flickers the screen for a half second, and goes right back to where I was..... I just need a working phone!!! I honestly dont give a damn what OS I am using, I just cant go another day without my phone. Any and all help is much much much appreciated.... (Crosses fingers)

I am also getting every sort of E: cannot do this or that or mount bla bla bla...

I am still able to get into recovery, sync with Odin and do minimal things... Only thing it WONT do is BOOT! o.O
Last edited by JeffreeHomicyde; 29th July 2014 at 11:00 PM. Reason: forgot something!
30th July 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #2  
Flag Windsor
Thanks Meter: 24

150 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreeHomicyde

Hey everyone... Im in a serious situation... I have scoured the entire internet trying to find a solution to my boot loop problem, but it isnt looking good... I originally had an older version of CWM, then a while back I flashed the original stock recovery and used the phone that way... well recently, I got bored and wanted something better than the 4.1.2 JB stock mod, and wanted something a little more, new! (which is why were all here, yeah?) anyways, I reflashed CWM (i dont remember which one, but it had to be older) and kept getting the dreaded STATUS 7... so, I moved up to PhilZ Touch 6 (CWM 6.0.4.5), and was able to flash 4 different roms..... but EVERY single one of them just boot loops... Also, I would have cleared DALVIK cache (in both older and NEWER CWM), but it doesnt do a damn thing... like it literally flickers the screen for a half second, and goes right back to where I was..... I just need a working phone!!! I honestly dont give a damn what OS I am using, I just cant go another day without my phone. Any and all help is much much much appreciated.... (Crosses fingers)

I am also getting every sort of E: cannot do this or that or mount bla bla bla...

I am still able to get into recovery, sync with Odin and do minimal things... Only thing it WONT do is BOOT! o.O

Have you tried to flash a stock rom through odin? It'll restore your kernel, recovery and system back to stock and should not bootloop.

What carrier are you with?
30th July 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymeister

Have you tried to flash a stock rom through odin? It'll restore your kernel, recovery and system back to stock and should not bootloop.

What carrier are you with?

Yes, of course. I have been online for 2 days straight trying to fix this issue and tried MANY "FIXES" for similar issues, but no Cigar...

I am with TMO (SGH-T999L) US, btw
30th July 2014, 02:25 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
I would sincerely love just to have my phone back and operation-able..... weather an old custom ROM or back to factory 4.1.2 ... I truly dont mind either way, I just need her working again. lol
30th July 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,500

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
You need to factory reset most likely. Wiping dalvik alone doesn't usually solve boot hangs. Factory resetting almost always does.
31st July 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

You need to factory reset most likely. Wiping dalvik alone doesn't usually solve boot hangs. Factory resetting almost always does.

That did absolutely nil. Tried it many many times over...

I think a sensitive folder got deleted or something. I just had them send me a replacement. Thanks!
31st July 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,500

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok. Sorry I couldn't help. Glad to hear you're getting it taken care of though!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread