Phone stopped working after screen replacement

24th August 2014, 02:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

181 posts
My phone was working fine when the screen was cracked. I didn't check if it was working right before I replaced the screen but I'm assuming it was. While replacing the screen I put some scratches on the digitizer. I also wiped it with a paper towel and it change color on some part of it. When I turn the phone on the charging light, to left corner works. Also the bottom soft keys light up as well. But that's it the screen does not light up at all and the phone doesn't make any sound when it turns on. Could I have damaged the digitizer in any way? I don't see how replacing the screen would have done that. I also noticed that while the phone is off I can see through the glass screen and see the digitizer. Where before it would look all black.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
24th August 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,171

8,819 posts
Donate to Me
More
Did you replace the display, or just the glass? If you scratched the digitizer theres a good chance thats the problem. What did you use on the towel that caused it to change color? Thats also not a good sign. If you could explain a litte better what you replaced, what you used and how you did it, it would probably help to figure out what happened. But either way it does sound like it was damaged in the process.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

181 posts
I Just replaced the top glass not the whole digitizer and all. I didn't have anything on the paper towel but I think some oil from my hands. Then I tried to clean it with water so it looked like a really big smudge of oil. When I watch fix it videos all the digitizer looks black and mine looks silver. Also from reading on Google lots of people had this happen to them. It seems maybe the hair dryer made the phone too hot, if extreme heat could damage it. Or just too much pressure. Since I did put some scratches on it maybe I applied too much pressure. Lot of people are saying even the slightest bit too much pressure can damage it. But I still don't get why mine looks silver and not black.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
24th August 2014, 05:18 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,171

8,819 posts
Donate to Me
More
I think the heat related discoloration is mostly seen when the display is on. Not sure about when its off. Cant say why it would be silver looking though. I would think youd need more heat than a hair dryer for that to be the cause though.
It may be from the water. Its just a guess though. Ive only ever seen or used rubbing alcohol or certain types of cleaners.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread