Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Pink around edge of screen?

18th August 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #1  
mp3deviant721's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Eau Claire
Thanks Meter: 272
 
702 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Like the title says, my screen has a very, very faint pink part around the edge of the screen, probably about a 1/4 in wide. Its only visible in bright sunlight with full brightness on and with the screen at max brightness with a white background. Should I be worried about this and start saving up for a new display or should I just let it go? Any thoughts guys?

GS³: Carbonized, leanKernel'd, Philz'd
Put your Kitsune up!
18th August 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #2  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,560
 
9,195 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
Hard to say. Could be some slight burn in from an app that you may have used in the past that was heavily used (on for long periods) and had some sort of its own boarder. If its burn in, the display is probably still good for a while.
If thats not it, it could be signs of an eminent failure. But it sounds more like burn in to me.
20th August 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #3  
mp3deviant721's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Eau Claire
Thanks Meter: 272
 
702 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Hard to say. Could be some slight burn in from an app that you may have used in the past that was heavily used (on for long periods) and had some sort of its own boarder. If its burn in, the display is probably still good for a while.
If thats not it, it could be signs of an eminent failure. But it sounds more like burn in to me.

I think I agree with with burn in, if it was water damage, it would have gotten worse eventually. Right?

GS³: Carbonized, leanKernel'd, Philz'd
Put your Kitsune up!
20th August 2014, 05:24 AM   |  #4  
Android_Monsters's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,167
 
3,552 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
It's a factory defect. I returned a white one to T-Mobile within the 14 day period.

Basically, the same symptoms. On a white page like Google you could see a pink blob in the bottom right corner.

At the time I thought it's because the display is screwed in too tight. Or next to something magnetic.
20th August 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #5  
DocHoliday77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,560
 
9,195 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3deviant721

I think I agree with with burn in, if it was water damage, it would have gotten worse eventually. Right?

GS³: Carbonized, leanKernel'd, Philz'd
Put your Kitsune up!

Does it look uniform all the way around? Kind of like a proper boarder, same width, straight lines, etc? If so then id be almost certain its burn in.
21st August 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #6  
mp3deviant721's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Eau Claire
Thanks Meter: 272
 
702 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Does it look uniform all the way around? Kind of like a proper boarder, same width, straight lines, etc? If so then id be almost certain its burn in.

Yep. All uniform like you describe.

GS³: Carbonized, leanKernel'd, Philz'd
Put your Kitsune up!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes