Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Pink around edge of screen?

OP mp3deviant721

18th August 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #1  
Like the title says, my screen has a very, very faint pink part around the edge of the screen, probably about a 1/4 in wide. Its only visible in bright sunlight with full brightness on and with the screen at max brightness with a white background. Should I be worried about this and start saving up for a new display or should I just let it go? Any thoughts guys?

GS³: Carbonized, leanKernel'd, Philz'd
Put your Kitsune up!
18th August 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,497

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hard to say. Could be some slight burn in from an app that you may have used in the past that was heavily used (on for long periods) and had some sort of its own boarder. If its burn in, the display is probably still good for a while.
If thats not it, it could be signs of an eminent failure. But it sounds more like burn in to me.
20th August 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Hard to say. Could be some slight burn in from an app that you may have used in the past that was heavily used (on for long periods) and had some sort of its own boarder. If its burn in, the display is probably still good for a while.
If thats not it, it could be signs of an eminent failure. But it sounds more like burn in to me.

I think I agree with with burn in, if it was water damage, it would have gotten worse eventually. Right?

Put your Kitsune up!
20th August 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #4  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 961

3,235 posts
More
It's a factory defect. I returned a white one to T-Mobile within the 14 day period.

Basically, the same symptoms. On a white page like Google you could see a pink blob in the bottom right corner.

At the time I thought it's because the display is screwed in too tight. Or next to something magnetic.
20th August 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,497

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3deviant721

I think I agree with with burn in, if it was water damage, it would have gotten worse eventually. Right?

Put your Kitsune up!

Does it look uniform all the way around? Kind of like a proper boarder, same width, straight lines, etc? If so then id be almost certain its burn in.
21st August 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Does it look uniform all the way around? Kind of like a proper boarder, same width, straight lines, etc? If so then id be almost certain its burn in.

Yep. All uniform like you describe.

Put your Kitsune up!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread