Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Problem with sms

OP skateraj47

14th August 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #11  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 772

2,352 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skateraj47

The Damn bug is back again!! I finally found something about it on the T-Mobile forums. Apparently it's not an isolated problems. A lot of people have the same issue that I am having with a similar setup. So what it's boiling down to is that it is a t-mobile issue with how they handle sms over 160 characters. I'm not sure if this can be fixed by changing some values in the apn settings but I'm gonna see what I can find out.

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I would not believe this, I've been using T-Mobile for many, many years and have never had this problem when sending or receiving long messages. I think its either their carrier or device
14th August 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Well yeah I've been with Tmo for at least the past ten years. I've never had any bug like this. I'm gonna go ahead and day that's it's not a device problem. I've now experienced the issue with multiple devices. Also in different forum entries people have cited receiving the bug from multiple carriers with various iPhone and android devices. Furthermore it can't be a coincidence that the null bug popped up around the same time for many users. Sorry if I sound rude, I really don't mean to. I really appreciate the input and help.

15th August 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #13  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 772

2,352 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skateraj47

Well yeah I've been with Tmo for at least the past ten years. I've never had any bug like this. I'm gonna go ahead and day that's it's not a device problem. I've now experienced the issue with multiple devices. Also in different forum entries people have cited receiving the bug from multiple carriers with various iPhone and android devices. Furthermore it can't be a coincidence that the null bug popped up around the same time for many users. Sorry if I sound rude, I really don't mean to. I really appreciate the input and help.

No offense taken.. Usually when I receive texts from friends using other carriers that are long they are split and I receive them separately but no null at the end.. It still sounds carrier related to me tbh, no way so many phones would just start messing up sending or receiving long messages.. It's either one or the other.. Of course this is just my opinion.. After you have made sure you have correct APN, returned to stock firmware, made sure you are using stock SMS app to confirm same issue, there's really not much left to troubleshoot besides calling T-Mobile to reset your account, or for them to admit they are having issues
15th August 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Yeah same here, usually when I receive long text messages they're split. I think you're right, it's carrier related. I've chatted with T-Mobile reps twice now and they basically blamed AT&T and took no responsibility. I've always used the stock sms app to avoid any issues and I verified that I apn I'm using is correct. So I guess all I can do is wait and hope it works itself out. Also what do you mean by reset my account?

Sent from my 1+One using XDA Premium
15th August 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,416

9,156 posts
Donate to Me
More
Actually, if it were your device or T-Mobile, it would be happening with more than just one of your contacts. I still believe the issue is on their end, not yours.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

their end being the person sending you the messages. either its their device or their carriern
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread