Question about unlocking.

23rd August 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

47 posts
Hey everyone, I'm curious if anyone could help or provide some info on how I could unlock my phone, which is locked to mobilicity. I got a code from the wind guys but they said that the code was for stock Roms. Would I have to Odin to stock first then unlock the phone and then Odin back to cm11? Or is there a method for us cm11 users. Thank you

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app
23rd August 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #2  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 717

2,236 posts
More
Nope you need to be on a stock or custom stock rom.. So an easier way than having to Odin to stock would be to nandroid, flash a touchwiz ROM, unlock, then restore nandroid.. I think any touchwiz ROM would work, but if it doesn't then you may have to flash a mobilicity one
The Following User Says Thank You to serio22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd August 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,172

8,819 posts
Donate to Me
More
If the dialer has been customized it also may not work. Better to be as close to stock as possible imo.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 09:52 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

47 posts
Ah ok, so my best bet would be to nandroid to stock and then unlock and then nandroid back to cm11? Thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it. Just one more question, could one of you point me in the direction for a guide on nandroiding to stock and then back, would greatly appreciate it.

25th August 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #5  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 717

2,236 posts
More
Nandroid is a backup, if you mean restore to stock and then restore nandroid its pretty simple. Just back up your device with your recovery of choice, restore to stock with Odin, making sure to factory reset either before or after the restore, do your unlocking, and then flash back the same recovery you used to create the nandroid and restore it.. Now what I suggest you do is to create the nandroid on your external SD card to avoid accidently wiping it
The Following User Says Thank You to serio22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 09:35 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

47 posts
Ahh ok! I understand now. Thank you! I'll be trying this tonight with the latest ROM from mobilicity with root. I'll post here how it goes, thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread