Default [Solved] Stock Firmware Flashing Problems T999

Like many people out there with the S3, we've got problems flashing back to stock firmware. Over the past week I was not very impressed with the firmware that I flashed as it was having issues randomly restarting, the camera didn't work, rear LED didn't work, and the screen itself was very laggy. Back to stock, but rooted, to get rid of all the bloatware.

Anyway, the problem I was having, along with others, was Odin 3.07/3.09 was failing on Get PIT for Mapping. It would fail every single time. Didn't matter what I did; switch to another USB, another port, change firmware, nothing mattered. But, in my instance, I've so far solved it, but sheer luck it appears.

I downloaded the firmware from SamMobile, using a Samsung ST150F camera USB instead of the stock USB and the blue Dynex cable (which works much better than the stock cable.

Using an old Toshiba Satellite P205D-S7438's upper left USB port, laptop is running Windows 7 32bit.

All Samsung drivers were installed before starting Odin.

So, here's what I did exactly:

1: Download Samsung Switch from Play Store, connect phone while on and functioning.

2: Start Odin 3.07.

3: Load firmware from SamMobile onto PDA.

4: Wait until Odin says "Leave CS" then restart S3 into Download Mode/Odin Mode (Hold Power, Volume Up, and Home key. Release Power key after first vibration).

5: Odin will print "Removed" then "Added" after phone has restarted.

6: Click "Start" then wait.

So far it's working flawlessly as it's "optimizing" apps. We'll give a good test run to make sure that all is well.