Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] T999v - TWRP (2.7.1.0 or older) “NO OS Found”

OP sam33r

3rd September 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi All,

I have S3 T999v – Wind variant running on stock 4.4.2 , overall I hate this kitkat experience...

My issue is whenever I try to flash custom recovery TWRP (2.7.1.0 or older), it installs but when I try to take backup it shows nothing to take backup of (no System , no EFS etc....). When I try rebooting it gives error “NO OS Found” I am able to proceed anyways and it starts up phone fine.

Can anyone tell me what could be the issue here??? I wanna downgarde to either stock 4.3 or to install custom liquid smooth 4.4.4. but would prefer to take a back up just in case.

BTW my phone is rooted , rooted it with towel root.

Also can I flash T999 (t-mobile) based recoveries onto my T999v ?

Would appreciate your help .

Thanks
3rd September 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,487

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
I recommend using d2tmo recoveries over d2can. More roms will be flashable. And you can use any rom here in our forums.
For now, try using either cwm or philz recovery. Youre experiencing a known issue that I believe is related to the hardware revision. I keep hoping to attempt a fix, but just havent had time yet. But for now, one of the other recoveries should work for you.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
3rd September 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

I recommend using d2tmo recoveries over d2can. More roms will be flashable. And you can use any rom here in our forums.
For now, try using either cwm or philz recovery. Youre experiencing a known issue that I believe is related to the hardware revision. I keep hoping to attempt a fix, but just havent had time yet. But for now, one of the other recoveries should work for you.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Thanks Doc,

I will give it a try, but if there is a way to downgardde to 4.3 stock? Tried odin it with sam mobile firmware, its crashing
3rd September 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #4  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 850

2,506 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam33r

but if there is a way to downgardde to 4.3 stock? Tried odin it with sam mobile firmware, its crashing

No, you cannot downgrade firmware. Just try what doc said
4th September 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

No, you cannot downgrade firmware. Just try what doc said

Thanks buddy, yup CWM worked

but why cant we downgrade to 4.3, i though it was that one cannot downgrade lower than 4.3 i.e. 4.2. in not possible now!
4th September 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,487

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Knox. They prevent any downgrading to protect against tampering with Knox secure containers. You can't downgrade anymore, period. Anything beyond 4.3 or with Knox will be this way from now on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #7  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 850

2,506 posts
More
Yeah just like doc said, if you're on 4.3 firmware you can't downgrade firmware to 4.1.2, or if you're on 4.4.2 you can't downgrade to 4.3 or 4.1.2.. Anything lower than your current firmware is a no.. You can only flash equal or newer firmware

The Following User Says Thank You to serio22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread