[Q] T999v - TWRP (2.7.1.0 or older) “NO OS Found”

Tip us?

sam33r
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] T999v - TWRP (2.7.1.0 or older) “NO OS Found”

Hi All,

I have S3 T999v – Wind variant running on stock 4.4.2 , overall I hate this kitkat experience...

My issue is whenever I try to flash custom recovery TWRP (2.7.1.0 or older), it installs but when I try to take backup it shows nothing to take backup of (no System , no EFS etc....). When I try rebooting it gives error “NO OS Found” I am able to proceed anyways and it starts up phone fine.

Can anyone tell me what could be the issue here??? I wanna downgarde to either stock 4.3 or to install custom liquid smooth 4.4.4. but would prefer to take a back up just in case.

BTW my phone is rooted , rooted it with towel root.

Also can I flash T999 (t-mobile) based recoveries onto my T999v ?

Would appreciate your help .

Thanks

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,082

DONATE TO ME
I recommend using d2tmo recoveries over d2can. More roms will be flashable. And you can use any rom here in our forums.
For now, try using either cwm or philz recovery. Youre experiencing a known issue that I believe is related to the hardware revision. I keep hoping to attempt a fix, but just havent had time yet. But for now, one of the other recoveries should work for you.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

sam33r
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
I recommend using d2tmo recoveries over d2can. More roms will be flashable. And you can use any rom here in our forums.
For now, try using either cwm or philz recovery. Youre experiencing a known issue that I believe is related to the hardware revision. I keep hoping to attempt a fix, but just havent had time yet. But for now, one of the other recoveries should work for you.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Thanks Doc,

I will give it a try, but if there is a way to downgardde to 4.3 stock? Tried odin it with sam mobile firmware, its crashing

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam33r View Post
but if there is a way to downgardde to 4.3 stock? Tried odin it with sam mobile firmware, its crashing
No, you cannot downgrade firmware. Just try what doc said

sam33r
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
No, you cannot downgrade firmware. Just try what doc said
Thanks buddy, yup CWM worked

but why cant we downgrade to 4.3, i though it was that one cannot downgrade lower than 4.3 i.e. 4.2. in not possible now!

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,082

DONATE TO ME
Knox. They prevent any downgrading to protect against tampering with Knox secure containers. You can't downgrade anymore, period. Anything beyond 4.3 or with Knox will be this way from now on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 709
Yeah just like doc said, if you're on 4.3 firmware you can't downgrade firmware to 4.1.2, or if you're on 4.4.2 you can't downgrade to 4.3 or 4.1.2.. Anything lower than your current firmware is a no.. You can only flash equal or newer firmware

The Following User Says Thank You to serio22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]