[Q] Is there a way to get S5 software/app for the S3?

OP Rebel60

3rd September 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
Hi, I was wondering if there is an app or software that can be downloaded to the S3 that gives it the same features as the camera on the new S5 Galaxy, or do you just have to buy the S5 to get those features? Is there a camera app that will work as well as the S5?
The camera software is ok, but limited in some features & doesn't take good low light shots. The software for the camera I had before upgrading to 10.2.1 was much better.
I'm running CM 10.2.1 (tried to update to the latest snapshot ver.9 & it was buggy). No stable release available in months, only snapshots.

Thanks for any advice/comments/etc.
4th September 2014, 05:44 AM   |  #2  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 772

2,352 posts
More
Camera on aosp/cm is never gonna be that good.. You can try lenovo camera, I tried this one on CM and it did seem better than cm camera, also snap camera HDR I've heard some good things about it but never tried it. If you want a better camera experience try using touchwiz, the stock camera is probably what will give you the best results
The Following User Says Thank You to serio22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

Camera on aosp/cm is never gonna be that good.. You can try lenovo camera, I tried this one on CM and it did seem better than cm camera, also snap camera HDR I've heard some good things about it but never tried it. If you want a better camera experience try using touchwiz, the stock camera is probably what will give you the best results

Thanks, I will check those 2 out.
4th September 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #4  
Flag Lexington, KY
Thanks Meter: 31

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel60

Hi, I was wondering if there is an app or software that can be downloaded to the S3 that gives it the same features as the camera on the new S5 Galaxy, or do you just have to buy the S5 to get those features? Is there a camera app that will work as well as the S5?
The camera software is ok, but limited in some features & doesn't take good low light shots. The software for the camera I had before upgrading to 10.2.1 was much better.
I'm running CM 10.2.1 (tried to update to the latest snapshot ver.9 & it was buggy). No stable release available in months, only snapshots.

Thanks for any advice/comments/etc.

I'm not sure about the S5 camera port, but the Lenovo Camera App has tons of nice features.
12th September 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Lenovo camera crashes
I download & tried using the Lenovo camera (See it Snap it) from the link provided, has a lot of nice features but everytime I tried to use it, it would crash, so I had to delete it.
Oh, well Guess I will wait till I upgrade to either the S4 or S5.
Thanks.
12th September 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,430

9,174 posts
Donate to Me
More
Keep an eye on Likewise. Development has resumed on the original, and once ready, one of us will port it over.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread