Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,276 Members 44,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Trying to find Contacts in phone files

Tip us?

52brandon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Default Trying to find Contacts in phone files

Preface: my roommate who is as tech savvy as Fred Flintstone shattered his phone last night. I connected it to my PC and yanked all the files off in case shattering like that can cause it to not charge or anything that would prevent me from accessing it later...

now, the question. Are his contacts saved in one of those files? Apparently he didn't have them on his SIM OR on hi google account. So they must have been saved to his phone. Will they be recoverable from the files I just pulled from his phone? And if so, where?

52brandon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
nobody has any ideas? The only thing I could find with any reference to contacts was: \Android\data\com.android.contacts\cache\tmp
and they were all empty. Guess he's just gotta hope T-Mobile can pull em from a place I cant access

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5397

DONATE TO ME
/data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases

52brandon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
/data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases
thank you so much for your reply. But I think I need to access root on the phone which I'm unable to do with a useless screen. There is no data/data options. can only get to Android/data. Is there a way to pull EVERYTHING off the phone, not just the files I was allowed by connecting as a media device

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5397

DONATE TO ME
Yup you do need root. But if its already rooted, just power on, plug into the computer and adb pull the file you need.