Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 40,778 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TWRP installation on T999 Galaxy S3 - which file?

Tip us?

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,034

DONATE TO ME
If the editor you are using isn't properly preserving the formatting it may appear to edit successfully but then not work. Its the only thing I can think of.

Yeah, you'd have much better luck with more recent roms, but even still may run into this problem since roms like cm never update their scripts when new firmware is released.

You can flash any rom in this forum. I never use cm or aosp roms, so I can't tell you what to try there. Sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tidewblch
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
If the editor you are using isn't properly preserving the formatting it may appear to edit successfully but then not work. Its the only thing I can think of.

Yeah, you'd have much better luck with more recent roms, but even still may run into this problem since roms like cm never update their scripts when new firmware is released.

You can flash any rom in this forum. I never use cm or aosp roms, so I can't tell you what to try there. Sorry.
Can I flash right over the stock OS that I have installed now or do I need to do any updating first? I am on 4.3.1 stock at the moment but rooted.
Sent using two tin cans and some string..... but high quality string.

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,034

DONATE TO ME
You may need to factory reset after. (If it hangs on boot or is buggy)
Otherwise flash away. Roms will format /system during the flash so there's no need to do so yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tidewblch
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
You may need to factory reset after. (If it hangs on boot or is buggy)
Otherwise flash away. Roms will format /system during the flash so there's no need to do so yourself.
I want to thank you for your help. I flashed Kit Kat and full gaps and everything worked fine when doing that. I had no issues at all.
Sent using two tin cans and some string..... but high quality string.
The Following User Says Thank You to tidewblch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]