[Q] TWRP installation on T999 Galaxy S3 - which file?

OP mvt926

7th August 2014, 09:58 PM   |  #21  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,416

9,156 posts
Donate to Me
More
If the editor you are using isn't properly preserving the formatting it may appear to edit successfully but then not work. Its the only thing I can think of.

Yeah, you'd have much better luck with more recent roms, but even still may run into this problem since roms like cm never update their scripts when new firmware is released.

You can flash any rom in this forum. I never use cm or aosp roms, so I can't tell you what to try there. Sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th August 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #22  
Flag Hollywood
Thanks Meter: 4

40 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

If the editor you are using isn't properly preserving the formatting it may appear to edit successfully but then not work. Its the only thing I can think of.

Yeah, you'd have much better luck with more recent roms, but even still may run into this problem since roms like cm never update their scripts when new firmware is released.

You can flash any rom in this forum. I never use cm or aosp roms, so I can't tell you what to try there. Sorry.

Can I flash right over the stock OS that I have installed now or do I need to do any updating first? I am on 4.3.1 stock at the moment but rooted.
7th August 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #23  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,416

9,156 posts
Donate to Me
More
You may need to factory reset after. (If it hangs on boot or is buggy)
Otherwise flash away. Roms will format /system during the flash so there's no need to do so yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th August 2014, 02:29 PM   |  #24  
Flag Hollywood
Thanks Meter: 4

40 posts
More
Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

You may need to factory reset after. (If it hangs on boot or is buggy)
Otherwise flash away. Roms will format /system during the flash so there's no need to do so yourself.

I want to thank you for your help. I flashed Kit Kat and full gaps and everything worked fine when doing that. I had no issues at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to tidewblch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread