[Q] After unlock, only edge.

Search This thread

mgsjack

Jun 6, 2013
So i recently unlocked my phone, as am in Europe and now, with two different carriers all I've been able to receive is edge on the network. My imei code is still there when i do *#06# and I don't know if I messed my phone up because I cannot test it on T-mobile's network. Any clue one how to fix? The phone is currently running Stock 4.1.2 with root, because I downgraded to unlock. Any help is greatly appreciated.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Look up what frequencies the network providers support for 3g/h/4g or whatever, then see if your device supports them. If not, then what's why you only get edge

BingoRingo

Sep 1, 2010
Aylmer, Québec
Late reply, but this phone is for T-Mobile and Videotron/Wind AWS networks; it will not work on European frequencies other than GSM unfortunately.

lubotron

Dec 24, 2010
European with an American phone here! Been using the d2tmo (T999) for a few years in Europe and it is certainly possible to use data connections greater than edge. I am using 3g all the time and in various countries around Europe (no lte here yet). The problem might have been that:

a) the area where you were did not have 3g coverage, only edge - old cell phone towers perhaps?
b) your signal was too weak - in this case the phone will shift down to edge rather than using faster methods of connection
c) your provider only allows you to use lower speeds (for example in some countries O2 provides first 150 mb of the day at high speed and then reduces the speed by switching you to edge)
d) make sure that you have all network connections enables in settings-mobile networks-network mode. also enable data roaming just in case

I'm no expert in this field, but I have had similar issues before and these have worked for me. Good luck!