FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Kali Nethunter for d2vzw

326 posts
Thanks Meter: 132
 
By dank101, Senior Member on 10th June 2015, 12:55 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, catches fire, you get fired because the alarm failed, and global thermonuclear war

Kali Nethunter ported to the Samsung Galaxy S3
REQUIREMENTS:
A Samsung Galaxy S3 USA CURRENTLY RUNNING CM11 failure to have this will result in a brick and possibly even a HARD BRICK
A functioning brain
A working recovery
Basic instruction following skills

STEPS:
Download the two zips and copy them to your phone
Link for file 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5B...ew?usp=sharing
Line for file 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5B...ew?usp=sharing
Reboot into recovery
Reboot the device and set up, setup however is NOT finished.
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5B...ew?usp=sharing and put it on your SDCARD
You now have 2 choices:
ADB METHOD:
  1. run adb root
  2. run adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system
  3. run adb shell sh fixkaliterm.sh
MOBILE TERMINAL METHOD:
  1. run su
  2. accept the superuser prompt.
  3. run mount -o remount,rw /system
  4. run fixkaliterm.sh

The last part is to fix permissions and fix a strange CyanogenMod "feature" that breaks mobileterminal.


Use make kali_defconfig to make the Kali Kernel correctly if compiling

Please post flash time and results below, this should work on ALL d2 devices under the d2lte label CM uses.


XDA:DevDB Information
Kali Nethunter for d2vzw, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
dank101
Source Code: https://bitbucket.org/dank101/androi...amsung_d2_kali

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: CM11
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Status: Testing
Current Beta Version: 0.1
Beta Release Date: 2015-06-09

Created 2015-06-10
Last Updated 2015-06-09
The Following User Says Thank You to dank101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dank101 Ad-Free
 
 
11th July 2015, 02:28 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Any way you could post a link to the most recent cm11? I go to the cm download page and all he has posted are cm12.1. I could get the version from 20140209 but that's a little old.
12th July 2015, 03:45 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 132
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBY417

Any way you could post a link to the most recent cm11? I go to the cm download page and all he has posted are cm12.1. I could get the version from 20140209 but that's a little old.

Try d2lte.
It works, and is CM11.
You can TRY CM12.1, but it's untested, and I'm no longer using a SIII.
12th July 2015, 05:50 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank101

Try d2lte.
It works, and is CM11.
You can TRY CM12.1, but it's untested, and I'm no longer using a SIII.

Thank you!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
15th July 2015, 05:40 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
File number one doesn't exist anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
13th September 2016, 07:21 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hey, still have those files handy? The above links are dead.. I sure would appreciate it. I'm interested in doing an experiment with nethunter on an old Verizon Galaxy s3, which is all I have laying around right now.
15th September 2016, 01:39 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Bump
18th September 2016, 03:39 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 117
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dank101

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, catches fire, you get fired because the alarm failed, and global thermonuclear war

Kali Nethunter ported to the Samsung Galaxy S3
REQUIREMENTS:
A Samsung Galaxy S3 USA CURRENTLY RUNNING CM11 failure to have this will result in a brick and possibly even a HARD BRICK
A functioning brain
A working recovery
Basic instruction following skills

STEPS:
Download the two zips and copy them to your phone
Link for file 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5B...ew?usp=sharing
Line for file 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5B...ew?usp=sharing
Reboot into recovery
Reboot the device and set up, setup however is NOT finished.
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5B...ew?usp=sharing and put it on your SDCARD
You now have 2 choices:
ADB METHOD:
  1. run adb root
  2. run adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system
  3. run adb shell sh fixkaliterm.sh
MOBILE TERMINAL METHOD:
  1. run su
  2. accept the superuser prompt.
  3. run mount -o remount,rw /system
  4. run fixkaliterm.sh

The last part is to fix permissions and fix a strange CyanogenMod "feature" that breaks mobileterminal.


Use make kali_defconfig to make the Kali Kernel correctly if compiling

Please post flash time and results below, this should work on ALL d2 devices under the d2lte label CM uses.


XDA:DevDB Information
Kali Nethunter for d2vzw, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
dank101
Source Code: https://bitbucket.org/dank101/androi...amsung_d2_kali

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: CM11
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Status: Testing
Current Beta Version: 0.1
Beta Release Date: 2015-06-09

Created 2015-06-10
Last Updated 2015-06-09

Could you update the links or someone post a new link ?
26th September 2016, 01:47 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 117
 
More
All linkS are dead, can you upload somewhere?
28th September 2016, 08:39 AM |#10  
CafeKampuchia's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Phnom Penh
Thanks Meter: 1,758
 
More
THREAD CLOSED

OP, if you want it back open then please send me a PM and provide working download links.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank101

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this and brick your device or if your device blows up, catches fire, you get fired because the alarm failed, and global thermonuclear war

Kali Nethunter ported to the Samsung Galaxy S3
REQUIREMENTS:
A Samsung Galaxy S3 USA CURRENTLY RUNNING CM11 failure to have this will result in a brick and possibly even a HARD BRICK
A functioning brain
A working recovery
Basic instruction following skills

STEPS:
Download the two zips and copy them to your phone
Link for file 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5B...ew?usp=sharing
Line for file 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5B...ew?usp=sharing
Reboot into recovery
Reboot the device and set up, setup however is NOT finished.
Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5B...ew?usp=sharing and put it on your SDCARD
You now have 2 choices:
ADB METHOD:
  1. run adb root
  2. run adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system
  3. run adb shell sh fixkaliterm.sh
MOBILE TERMINAL METHOD:
  1. run su
  2. accept the superuser prompt.
  3. run mount -o remount,rw /system
  4. run fixkaliterm.sh

The last part is to fix permissions and fix a strange CyanogenMod "feature" that breaks mobileterminal.


Use make kali_defconfig to make the Kali Kernel correctly if compiling

Please post flash time and results below, this should work on ALL d2 devices under the d2lte label CM uses.


XDA:DevDB Information
Kali Nethunter for d2vzw, ROM for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
dank101
Source Code: https://bitbucket.org/dank101/androi...amsung_d2_kali

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: CM11
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Status: Testing
Current Beta Version: 0.1
Beta Release Date: 2015-06-09

Created 2015-06-10
Last Updated 2015-06-09

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes