[ROM][Unofficial][CM12.1] invisiblek's CM12.1 Unofficial Nightlies [Updated 4/21/15]

Search This thread

amf66

Jun 11, 2011
Houston
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

About CM12.1 Nightlies

All credit goes to @invisiblek. This is his work, not mine. I'm just making a thread for his builds.

I won't be posting changelogs, so if you want to see what's new check out CM's code review: Cyanogen Gerrit.

CM12.1 Updates

I'll update the thread title when a new build comes out.

Download

latest nightly builds

Install Instructions

1) Make sure you're on the latest TWRP
2) Download gapps from euroskank's site
3) Full wipe, flash ROM and gapps

Support

Try and help each other out in this thread. Be nice.

If camera is giving you problems try Open Camera or Cyanogen Camera. Use Viva Video if recording breaks.

Version Information

Created 2015-4-07
Last Updated 2015-4-21

Version Information

Created 2015-04-07
Last Updated 2015-04-21

Last edited:

mkintop

Oct 15, 2011
How stable is this? My kid is using my old SIII and it has custom touchwiz rom on it now, wondering if CM12 is any more stable or better with battery life.

XdrummerXboy

May 21, 2012
AZ
How stable is this? My kid is using my old SIII and it has custom touchwiz rom on it now, wondering if CM12 is any more stable or better with battery life.

Honestly probably not as stable.
Its stable enough for me, but I'm willing to live with some weird things happening if it means the latest and greatest software.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
Ugh... please stop using Dev Host

Fake links and even the right one rarely downloads properly in browsers, mobile or desktop

Reactions: cyber_nicco

Master Cylinder

Oct 31, 2013
Albuquerque
Seems Very Stable

Same ol camera issues?
On 4/9 and 4/10 with dhackers29gapps (removed the apps I didn't want from the zip) and this is pretty awesome! I feel quite strong on these - best so far and using "A Better Camera" is perfect even with video. Still can't get Dropsync to work on any of the 5.1s, but that's the only thing I've seen.

Thei GApps in the OP were flaky on my phone... Play services in FC snowball on boot.

CORRECTION: I used the 4-8 rather than the 4-7-15.zip Banks gapps which had new Google Play Store app which is what locked up my phone.

When I download this via the phone the file is a .tar and if I download it via my pc it is a .zip...... What gives?
I've downloaded all ROMs to my phone and haven't seen this.

Last edited:
Reactions: AyUaxe

dranyam

Mar 24, 2011
Silver Point
blumpk.in
Screenshot

VcqNtm6.png

Reactions: Masciale

Master Cylinder

Oct 31, 2013
Albuquerque

Man - you got some kind of bug or something? What app are you using to access the website with? I just used Tapatalk to make that screenshot, though I've been using chrome before.

EDIT: And, what app is doing the downloading? Something's wrong with your process there. There ain't no file on there with that name ....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-10-21-02-16.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-10-21-02-16.png
    99 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:

dranyam

Mar 24, 2011
Silver Point
blumpk.in
It's just chrome. On a VZW moto X 2nd gen.

edit: I realize how weird it probably sounded that I took that screenshot from the moto X (I just did it there to verify that I would get the same result using a different phone)

Last edited:

Master Cylinder

Oct 31, 2013
Albuquerque
It's just chrome. On a VZW moto X 2nd gen.

edit: I realize how weird it probably sounded that I took that screenshot from the moto X (I just did it there to verify that I would get the same result using a different phone)

(I deleted a question about what phone you were using - saw the nav bar :D )

You got that same result with 2 different phones? Something is certainly rotten in the State of Denmark ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About CM12.1 Nightlies

All credit goes to @invisiblek. This is his work, not mine. I'm just making a thread for his builds.

I won't be posting changelogs, so if you want to see what's new check out CM's code review: Cyanogen Gerrit.

CM12.1 Updates

I'll update the thread title when a new build comes out.

Download

latest nightly builds

Install Instructions

1) Make sure you're on the latest TWRP
    2) Download gapps from euroskank's site
    3) Full wipe, flash ROM and gapps

Support

Try and help each other out in this thread. Be nice.

If camera is giving you problems try Open Camera or Cyanogen Camera. Use Viva Video if recording breaks.

Version Information

Created 2015-4-07
    Last Updated 2015-4-21

Version Information

Created 2015-04-07
    Last Updated 2015-04-21
    lol, he rage quitted on building for d2vzw and other devices today when I was discussing the no-boot situation lol.

Might want to get your collective pennies together and get @amf66 a drive if he is willing to build for you guys.

I mean, it wasn't quite like that, but I definitely hate building broken stuff constantly, especially when I don't really have the time to test and fix it. Not really fair to you guys.

This presses the issue of getting someone who would actually use the build on a regular basis to keep an eye on it.
    New CM 12.1 Thread Started in Android Original Development

ANNOUNCEMENT

New thread started in Android Original Development titled: [ROM][Official]CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightlies for the Verizon Galaxy S3 (d2vzw)

Let's move this thread over where it belongs and where others can find it.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3-veri...m-cyanogenmod-12-1-nightlies-verizon-t3113037

See ya there!!

:good:

PS - Thanks to @mastamoon, @invisiblek and @amf66 for keeping us going, and also I copied most of the OP from one of Invisiblek's threads.:eek:
    FYI,

Tonight's build should have lockscreen rotation toggle fixed.. http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/94397/
    Thank you @ttt3008 for your PayPal donation!!! I'll order another hard drive as soon as I have enough money and then I can start d2vzw builds. You guys will have to test them for me, though. I've got d2att, myself.

I swear, if I wasn't down to my last Quatloo I would spend $50 and send you a 1TB from Amazon today! I need one and I can't buy it for myself! (Down to groceries over computer stuff - never thought i'd see the day... As a Thrall, my means have been limited.) On the other hand, I see you have a donate button ... Maybe i can squeeze out 1/40th of a Quatloo to you? Any other takers?

4/21 booted up fine. Lockscreen flipping around on this one. (I don't think @timedroid's had this.)

Incidentally, I've noticed that 5 of invisiblek's 9 build folders on his site are empty.

I don't take Quatloos but I do take PayPal. ;)