Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][TW4.4.2][LOCKED BL] SUPERLITEROM! v1.0 I535VRUDNE1 [only 530.5MB][Jul 05, 2014]

OP mohammad.afaneh

16th November 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #141  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gengerald

Same issue with Netflix.

I have messed with my build prop, tried another Netflix app via XDA thread, whitelisted and turned off my ad blocker, cleared cache/reset permission.

I am at a loss. It appears to be either an app I am not aware of blocking Netflix or maybe a key file was debloated. I did have a different issue when I was on Hyperdrive on my old SG3 but the build prop edits fixed it right up.

Anyone have thoughts or insight?

Google / XDA search haven't gotten me anywhere...

@fastpakr

So I have been working on getting Netflix to work. I believe Netflix is either (a) dependent on a removed system file or (b) checking for more than device information in the buildprop.

I haven't been able to figure out one or the other, but I have been able to get a legacy Netflix version to run. Video / audio stutters, but it is able to connect and send clean video / audio to my Chromecast, which is a primary use for me. Worth a try IMHO. As a side note, I have not checked this Netflix version for any little nasties...but in a quick review, nothing makes me think it is tainted.

1) Delete current Netflix app
2) Download Netflix 2.4.1 build 950 https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291678460
3) Install, enter credentials
4) Use as a Chromecast remote only

*I currently have Nexus S details in my build prop, so you may need to add this in before completing steps 2-4.
16th November 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #142  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Thank you.. Downloading...
The Following User Says Thank You to FaridAlkorashy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th November 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #143  
Thanks Meter: 12

76 posts
What is the best way going back to stock? Can I odin back to stock?
24th November 2014, 04:24 PM   |  #144  
Thanks Meter: 16

83 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gengerald

@fastpakr

So I have been working on getting Netflix to work. I believe Netflix is either (a) dependent on a removed system file or (b) checking for more than device information in the buildprop.

I haven't been able to figure out one or the other, but I have been able to get a legacy Netflix version to run. Video / audio stutters, but it is able to connect and send clean video / audio to my Chromecast, which is a primary use for me. Worth a try IMHO. As a side note, I have not checked this Netflix version for any little nasties...but in a quick review, nothing makes me think it is tainted.

1) Delete current Netflix app
2) Download Netflix 2.4.1 build 950 https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291678460
3) Install, enter credentials
4) Use as a Chromecast remote only

*I currently have Nexus S details in my build prop, so you may need to add this in before completing steps 2-4.

Thanks! That apk did give me the ability to cast Netflix, though with the same stuttering you mentioned. For what it's worth, I did not have to make any changes to build.prop.
The Following User Says Thank You to fastpakr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread