[INDEX] TW 4.4 Download List (7-10-14)

OP BadUsername

13th October 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 2

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraLance

The following information is what I have gathered by comparing the ROM's available:
The 3 ROM's choices for locked bootloader NE1 are:
Stock = all Verizon/Samsung Bloat included
PaulPizz = mostly debloated with added torch, tether, ringtones, 5x6 Launcher, AOSP style icons
Superlite = completely debloated, with tether

Specifically, PaulPizz includes the following things which are not in Superlite:
S-Voice, allsharecast, mobile print, swype, secExchange, VPN, talkback, secEmail, samsung hub, photo table, localFOTA, gmail, gmsMaps, easysettings, kies, musicfx, myVerizon, galaxy4, SPG, voice recorder, torch, kies, musicFX, sCloud, and a few other things...

Thanks for the info. I've been debating giving PaulPizz a shot and now I have a better idea of what it can do.
The Following User Says Thank You to EvilRubberDuck For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th November 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Loaded SlimKat successfully on modified safestrap
Hey guys,

Just following this thread as I had a SCH-i535 laying about which is on 4.4.2 stock vzw firmware (VZW-I535VRUDNE1-20140626142723). I think I may have came across something that I thought shouldn't be possible.

I installed the Superliterom as per the instructions linked and as its a phone I didn't care too much about as I'm in europe....I put slimkat Slim-d2lte-4.4.4.build.7.0-OFFICIAL-5979 onto the sd card and installed it with Mohammed's modified safestrap as I had previously done with the superliterom. I understand the slimkat firmware stated is for a different S3 variant.

I don't however have a microsim card to check network and wifi doesn't appear to work (switch on). Fonts/widgets appear smaller than they should. Only things that shown as 'Unknown' within "About Phone" are Model Number and Baseband Version.

As I said, I didn't think this should be possible and thats the reason I'm posting this. But it certainly doesn't brick the phone.
HTH
Last edited by brathnach; 28th November 2014 at 07:17 AM.
28th November 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #23  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 809

1,596 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathnach

Hey guys,

Just following this thread as I had a SCH-i535 laying about which is on 4.4.2 stock vzw firmware (VZW-I535VRUDNE1-20140626142723). I think I may have came across something that I thought shouldn't be possible.

I installed the Superliterom as per the instructions linked and as its a phone I didn't care too much about as I'm in europe....I put slimkat Slim-d2lte-4.4.4.build.7.0-OFFICIAL-5979 onto the sd card and installed it with Mohammed's modified safestrap as I had previously done with the superliterom. I understand the slimkat firmware stated is for a different S3 variant.

I don't however have a microsim card to check network and wifi doesn't appear to work (switch on). Fonts/widgets appear smaller than they should. Only things that shown as 'Unknown' within "About Phone" are Model Number and Baseband Version.

As I said, I didn't think this should be possible and thats the reason I'm posting this. But it certainly doesn't brick the phone.
HTH

Slimkat won't work because it's aosp, it didn't brick your phone because you installed it with safestrap. Hence the name "safe", flashing an AOSP rom in a rom slot won't brick the phone, but it definitely won't boot.

You can only use superlite rom, the other one I linked, or paulpizz, those are the only roms that will work.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 1

109 posts
I have a quick question. I am still on the unlocked bootloader running AllianceRom. I think I know the answer but I want to be sure. Do I have to take the update (and lock my bootloader) to get to 4.4? This is my wife's phone and she wants the color emojis.
30th November 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 846

4,522 posts
More
Yes in order to the the TW(Touchwiz) 4.4.2 rom you would have to take the OTA by first unrooting and then taking the OTA

From my CM11 S3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShapesBlue For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th December 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 48

663 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername

Slimkat won't work because it's aosp, it didn't brick your phone because you installed it with safestrap. Hence the name "safe", flashing an AOSP rom in a rom slot won't brick the phone, but it definitely won't boot.

You can only use superlite rom, the other one I linked, or paulpizz, those are the only roms that will work.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

So I can only run superlite if I'm on official 4.4?
8th December 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #27  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 809

1,596 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyd463229

So I can only run superlite if I'm on official 4.4?

Yes, or paulpizz. That's all you can do.

The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread