TW 4.3 tethering [WIP]

OP waterbottels

25th December 2013, 12:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Hello all, I have the 4.3 TW OTA on my phone... regretably. Silly mistake on my end, I do not know why I took the update but I did. Anyhow, like many you who did, the best we can do now is saferoot (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&highlight=s3). This thread is mostly about the hotspot feature. I've tried several methods to bypass red's hotspot service (free the way it was meant to be). All attempts have failed. I'm not really sure what I'm doing anymore but I did something earlier and i was able to disable the the notification for a bit and use the hotspot for roughly 5-10 minutes then it kicked me off again. Has anyone else had any success? What are your methods and what should we be looking into?

EDIT #1:Something interesting to look at.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=132

EDIT #2: There is an app on the market that enables to tether using bluetooth functionality.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.bat&hl=en
Last edited by waterbottels; 25th December 2013 at 12:58 AM.
25th December 2013, 02:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

49 posts
Any luck? I'm in the same boat as you, as I'm sure are many others.
25th December 2013, 02:48 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 529

1,040 posts
Donate to Me
More
Can you look in your system and see if you have a folder named priv app? If so see if there is a apk named VZWentitlement blahh bla bla. If so I may be able to port the exploit I use over.
25th December 2013, 04:01 AM   |  #4  

49 posts
I didn't see that folder in system or an apk with that name

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

I suspect there may be setting in systems settings that can be modded using sqlite but i'm not sure which one
25th December 2013, 04:24 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsnake

Can you look in your system and see if you have a folder named priv app? If so see if there is a apk named VZWentitlement blahh bla bla. If so I may be able to port the exploit I use over.

I'll check it when i get home, I'll update this post when I do so.
25th December 2013, 05:49 PM   |  #6  

49 posts
Fix to wifi
I found a fix!!!!!!!!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...errouter&hl=en

Wifi Tether Router by Fabio Grasso. Please note you have to be rooted for it to work. Method 3, everything else default.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medicstud007 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th December 2013, 11:09 PM   |  #7  

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicstud007

I found a fix!!!!!!!!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...errouter&hl=en

Wifi Tether Router by Fabio Grasso. Please note you have to be rooted for it to work. Method 3, everything else default.

Hoping this means the FoxFi devs can get this figured out for us too.
26th December 2013, 02:09 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
this is very good, does anyone know what this app does differently? In particular it requires a root but that would mean there is something we can bypass ourselves to deal with verizon putting a block on our hotspot. I can't find where they would have hidden such a 'feature.'
Kudos to Medicstud007 for finding this. How do you find apps in relation to their upload date or last update date?
26th December 2013, 03:00 AM   |  #9  

1 posts
tether
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterbottels

this is very good, does anyone know what this app does differently? In particular it requires a root but that would mean there is something we can bypass ourselves to deal with verizon putting a block on our hotspot. I can't find where they would have hidden such a 'feature.'
Kudos to Medicstud007 for finding this. How do you find apps in relation to their upload date or last update date?

Didn't the FCC rule against Verizon where they couldn't block the use of a mobile device that has a hot spot and tethering function.
26th December 2013, 03:31 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 768

1,521 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflydroid

Didn't the FCC rule against Verizon where they couldn't block the use of a mobile device that has a hot spot and tethering function.

This doesn't apply to unlimited data plans, only to tiered data plans.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread