Chrome Beta v41 Update

Chrome on Android has been receiving a flurry of updates since the launch of Android 5.0 Lollipop, and earlier today … more

Microsoft Outlook Preview for Android

Microsoft has been making numerous plays on the Android platform recently with the launch of apps like … more

One in Three Apps Leak Info, One in Two Aussies Don’t care

A Norton’s Mobile Insight Tool analysis found that nearly a third of … more

Xiaomi Mi4 Launched in India

Xiaomi’s Mi3 and Redmi Note handsets were met with roaring enthusiasm in India,thousands of piecesbeing … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Unhappy [Q] System software not authorized.. S3 not being recognized by computer HELP!

OP cwalter

7th November 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
I have read a few threads with no real luck yet, I was trying to root my girlfriends S3 on Verizon with this app towelroot... I have never used this method of rooting before.. I tried installing clockwork mod and recovery, all seemed to work including the root, went to install superuser, rebooted and got the triangle.. I have been trying holding down different button combos but still no luck.. also says secure fail: kernal in red in the top left corner.. any thoughts???
11th November 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #2  
Illinois
Thanks Meter: 592

1,043 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwalter

I have read a few threads with no real luck yet, I was trying to root my girlfriends S3 on Verizon with this app towelroot... I have never used this method of rooting before.. I tried installing clockwork mod and recovery, all seemed to work including the root, went to install superuser, rebooted and got the triangle.. I have been trying holding down different button combos but still no luck.. also says secure fail: kernal in red in the top left corner.. any thoughts???

Need to know what version of Android the phone was on (4.1.2 or 4.4.2) in order to really help. My guess would be she was likely on the latest version 4.4.2 NE1, in which case the bootloader is locked and you cannot flash clockwork mod or any traditional recovery. That was where the mistake happened. Look for the thread in the S3 general section that mentions full NE1 factory tar. It also mentions something about full wipe. Flash that through ODIN and you can get rid of the triangle.
The Following User Says Thank You to landshark68 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread