New Forums Created for Windows 10 Development

Microsoft, looking to be a player in the game of giants with their recent announcement of … more

T-Mobile Expands Its LTE Network

T-Mobile US has announced moreLTE network expansion. The carrierwill provide asignal for the700 MHz band, … more

Kernel Source Available for HTC One M8

HTC pushed the Lollipop-based Sense update to the developer edition of the HTC One M8 just a couple … more

Asus Hints at Upcoming Week-long Battery Smartwatch

Asus hinted that their next smartwatch, succesor to the elegant ZenWatch, could feature … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Wink Having problems rooting your Verizon Straight talk SCH-S968 using Cydia Impactor?

OP nirvanite

11th November 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Well to start this off, many thanks to those of you have helped the community in any way, and those of you who have made exploits, mods, and other useful utilities for the use and greater good of technology. If this isn't in the right place, or has already been listed elsewhere, let me make my apologies now. And please by all means relocate it to another place if it is necessary.

To be honest I have searched the web using google and XDA and all other sources confirmed to be good in my future travels of modding and rooting devices. And I was unable to find any information on being able to root this device since the new update. So for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, here is a little brief history (and why updates are made typically.)

~There was a new update that made this 4.1.2 Jellybean SGS3 variant phone into a newer number from ".....MH1" to ".....NH2" respectively.

~Patches, updates, and other similar software add-ons are used for patching exploits, security flaws, and other potentially harmful things as well as bugs.

~This system update obviously was made to patch this phone and keep it from being rooted.

So, a client came to me and asked me to root his device and I googled for hours as he waited patiently and calm as I had ever seen any client of mine. I told him that this was odd and he agreed as he tried googling and tried using Cydia Impactor and was unsuccessful himself. At this point I was unsure of what to do. So naturally I decided we should downgrade his device to an earlier version. We checked and there was only one earlier version for this device at sam mobile. I take no credit for doing this. Just something I found out. Unless of course it isn't already known in which case, I will gladly accept all credit.

******And as usual with posts as such, I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT ANYONE DOES TO ANY DEVICE AFTER READING THIS. This is just a walkthrough of what I did to fix the issue. And as usual TAKE VERY SPECIAL CARE TO MATCH UP MODEL NUMBERS BEFORE FLASHING ANYTHING !!!******

Before this update I kept getting an error regarding the exploits not functioning as I can reboot the phone using Cydia Impactor but not root it successfully.

Steps to fixing the not being able to root on Impactor:

I followed the steps at this guide -----> http://androidbiits.com/samsung-gala...-s968cuduamh1/ to downgrade the system to ".....MH1" so that the root would work using the exploits used by Cydia Impactor.

Then after the update finished and the phone returned to the home screen, you should be able to close odin and use Cydia Impactor to root it afterwards.
Then install SuperSU from the android market and let it update to be rooted.

Hope that helped someone out there, and usually there are so many answers out there for problems I don't need to help. But I felt the need to do so. By all means please if I did help you, be kind enough to smack that thanks button upside the border on your way to success! Good day.
Last edited by nirvanite; 11th November 2014 at 01:32 AM. Reason: I'm a grammar Nazi... Sorry. ;)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
error, root, sch-s968c, sgs3, verizon
Previous Thread Next Thread