Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,443 Members 38,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4.2 downgrade to 4.1.2 - Possible?

Tip us?

landshark68
Old
(Last edited by landshark68; 30th July 2014 at 09:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by xerotix View Post
Yeah, I've been trying to downgrade through odin and it's not even working. Pissmehoff

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Fix I've found to downgrade from 4.3
That link has been posted in these forums before. That downgrade only works on the i9300 international version, not the i535 Verizon version. The screenshot in the article you linked even shows the about phone as the i9300. This article you linked is from 8 months ago. If this worked on the Verizon version it would have been all over these forums. The article you linked even mentions how trying this process resulted in hard bricks on the AT&T version. Anyone trying this on the Verizon version will suffer the same fate.
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to landshark68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xerotix
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark68 View Post
That link has been posted in these forums before. That downgrade only works on the i9300 international version, not the i535 Verizon version. The screenshot in the article you linked even shows the about phone as the i9300. This article you linked is from 8 months ago. If this worked on the Verizon version it would have been all over these forums. The article you linked even mentions how trying this process resulted in hard bricks on the AT&T version. Anyone trying this on the Verizon version will suffer the same fate.
Understood, thanks. I didn't look into details.
Retired Devices: OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, HTC Evo 4G, Samsung Fascinate, HTC Glacier Mytouch 4G, Samsung Sidekick 4G, HTC Incredible, I*hone 3/3S, Samsung Omnia, G1, Droid 3, Droid Bionic, SGSII(sprint,tmo), I*hone 4/4S, VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus(fav), Samsung Galaxy S III

Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy S III verizon, Samsung Galaxy S5 sprint, LG G2 verizon

Soon to be: LG G3, Samsung Note 3

Twitter- @Xerotix

landshark68
Old
Thanks Meter 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by xerotix View Post
Understood, thanks. I didn't look into details.
You posted a link without even reading the details contained inside? Not a good practice. Plenty of new people who would read your description, click on the link, follow the suggestion contained in the article without also looking into the details, and brick their phone. I removed the link from my quote of you. You may want to consider removing the link from your previous post. Just saying.
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you
The Following User Says Thank You to landshark68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xerotix
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark68 View Post
You posted a link without even reading the details contained inside? Not a good practice. Plenty of new people who would read your description, click on the link, follow the suggestion contained in the article without also looking into the details, and brick their phone. I removed the link from my quote of you. You may want to consider removing the link from your previous post. Just saying.
good point. done, thanks
Retired Devices: OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, HTC Evo 4G, Samsung Fascinate, HTC Glacier Mytouch 4G, Samsung Sidekick 4G, HTC Incredible, I*hone 3/3S, Samsung Omnia, G1, Droid 3, Droid Bionic, SGSII(sprint,tmo), I*hone 4/4S, VZW Samsung Galaxy Nexus(fav), Samsung Galaxy S III

Current Devices: Samsung Galaxy S III verizon, Samsung Galaxy S5 sprint, LG G2 verizon

Soon to be: LG G3, Samsung Note 3

Twitter- @Xerotix
The Following User Says Thank You to xerotix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]