Ask a question

No registration required

4.4.2 Help

OP eddyo1993

4th September 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Does anyone know how to unlock the bootloader on Galaxy S3 or at least downgrade to where I can unlock it. I want to be able to run liquid smooth on my phone. Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
4th September 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2,037

5,598 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyo1993

Does anyone know how to unlock the bootloader on Galaxy S3 or at least downgrade to where I can unlock it. I want to be able to run liquid smooth on my phone. Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

It'll be a $50 fee and its done via MobileTechVideos. There is no XDA exploit to unlock the bootloader on 4.3+.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS

It'll be a $50 fee and its done via MobileTechVideos. There is no XDA exploit to unlock the bootloader on 4.3+.

Am I gonna have to send it in and if so how long would it take.
5th September 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 810

1,597 posts
More
Quote:

Am I gonna have to send it in and if so how long would it take.

Yes, and a couple weeks.

All the information is available on their website, Google it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername

Yes, and a couple weeks.

All the information is available on their website, Google it.

thanks for the info. Now while looking on the site I ran across JTAG i think and i was wondering what it is. Also, could i install custom ROMS with custom recovery on galaxy S4 without sending it in and without using SafeStrap
5th September 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 810

1,597 posts
More
Quote:

thanks for the info. Now while looking on the site I ran across JTAG i think and i was wondering what it is. Also, could i install custom ROMS with custom recovery on galaxy S4 without sending it in and without using SafeStrap

JTAG stands for joint test action group, which is essentially a common IEEE serial port located on the motherboard of many devices. In a phones case, a Riff box is used to access the port and flash device specific files to the motherboard directly, thus eliminating the need for the phone to be on or functioning in the first place.

In this case, the jtag port is used to write to the emmc chip directly to override the system check and flash earlier firmware.

You can on the S4 but you need MDK firmware, you're better off asking in the S4 forum.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2014, 05:17 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername

JTAG stands for joint test action group, which is essentially a common IEEE serial port located on the motherboard of many devices. In a phones case, a Riff box is used to access the port and flash device specific files to the motherboard directly, thus eliminating the need for the phone to be on or functioning in the first place.

In this case, the jtag port is used to write to the emmc chip directly to override the system check and flash earlier firmware.

You can on the S4 but you need MDK firmware, you're better off asking in the S4 forum.

Ill look into the s4 forum. So is there anything I could do to run LiquidSmooth ROM on my S3? Also, would it be possible that Verizon unlock it if I ask?
5th September 2014, 05:32 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2,037

5,598 posts
More
Quote:

Ill look into the s4 forum. So is there anything I could do to run LiquidSmooth ROM on my S3? Also, would it be possible that Verizon unlock it if I ask?

Only way is by paying $50. Verizon will do no such thing. Verizon only releases sim unlocked phones, Verizon has never provided a bootloader unlock service.

The Following User Says Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread