Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,463 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4.2 Help

Tip us?

eddyo1993
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 4.4.2 Help

Does anyone know how to unlock the bootloader on Galaxy S3 or at least downgrade to where I can unlock it. I want to be able to run liquid smooth on my phone. Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,942
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyo1993 View Post
Does anyone know how to unlock the bootloader on Galaxy S3 or at least downgrade to where I can unlock it. I want to be able to run liquid smooth on my phone. Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
It'll be a $50 fee and its done via MobileTechVideos. There is no XDA exploit to unlock the bootloader on 4.3+.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eddyo1993
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSnoopOS View Post
It'll be a $50 fee and its done via MobileTechVideos. There is no XDA exploit to unlock the bootloader on 4.3+.
Am I gonna have to send it in and if so how long would it take.

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 744
Quote:
Am I gonna have to send it in and if so how long would it take.
Yes, and a couple weeks.

All the information is available on their website, Google it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eddyo1993
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername View Post
Yes, and a couple weeks.

All the information is available on their website, Google it.

thanks for the info. Now while looking on the site I ran across JTAG i think and i was wondering what it is. Also, could i install custom ROMS with custom recovery on galaxy S4 without sending it in and without using SafeStrap

BadUsername
Old
Thanks Meter 744
Quote:
thanks for the info. Now while looking on the site I ran across JTAG i think and i was wondering what it is. Also, could i install custom ROMS with custom recovery on galaxy S4 without sending it in and without using SafeStrap
JTAG stands for joint test action group, which is essentially a common IEEE serial port located on the motherboard of many devices. In a phones case, a Riff box is used to access the port and flash device specific files to the motherboard directly, thus eliminating the need for the phone to be on or functioning in the first place.

In this case, the jtag port is used to write to the emmc chip directly to override the system check and flash earlier firmware.

You can on the S4 but you need MDK firmware, you're better off asking in the S4 forum.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eddyo1993
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername View Post
JTAG stands for joint test action group, which is essentially a common IEEE serial port located on the motherboard of many devices. In a phones case, a Riff box is used to access the port and flash device specific files to the motherboard directly, thus eliminating the need for the phone to be on or functioning in the first place.

In this case, the jtag port is used to write to the emmc chip directly to override the system check and flash earlier firmware.

You can on the S4 but you need MDK firmware, you're better off asking in the S4 forum.

Ill look into the s4 forum. So is there anything I could do to run LiquidSmooth ROM on my S3? Also, would it be possible that Verizon unlock it if I ask?

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,942
Quote:
Ill look into the s4 forum. So is there anything I could do to run LiquidSmooth ROM on my S3? Also, would it be possible that Verizon unlock it if I ask?
Only way is by paying $50. Verizon will do no such thing. Verizon only releases sim unlocked phones, Verizon has never provided a bootloader unlock service.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

The Following User Says Thank You to SlimSnoopOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]