Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,710 Members 39,349 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.4.2 Note 2 Rom porting

Tip us?

Speedy712
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] 4.4.2 Note 2 Rom porting

I was just wondering if it was at all possible to port a rom from the note 2 to the gs3 because last I herd they are basically the same phones, ones just bigger. The reason why is because they have a lot of 4.4.2 touchwiz based roms that I sure would like to run on my galaxy. Now if this is possible would it be easy and wise to use a tool such as the Rom-porting tool found somewhere on these forums? Any and all advice is appreciated and I hope i'm not way off base here. Thanks!

mohammad.afaneh
Old
Thanks Meter 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy712 View Post
I was just wondering if it was at all possible to port a rom from the note 2 to the gs3 because last I herd they are basically the same phones, ones just bigger. The reason why is because they have a lot of 4.4.2 touchwiz based roms that I sure would like to run on my galaxy. Now if this is possible would it be easy and wise to use a tool such as the Rom-porting tool found somewhere on these forums? Any and all advice is appreciated and I hope i'm not way off base here. Thanks!
the easy thing is porting from sprint or at&t s3 or the same board device(US S3 VARIANT)
Out of service untill 30/08/2014

Samsung galaxy y stock for now.
Samsung galaxy captivat stock cm11 powered by NeatKernel.
Samsung galaxy S3 SCH-I535 (need jtag).

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
My work:
[KERNEL][4.1+] NeatKernel v1.09 [Dual recovery] captivate vibrant galaxys
[Stock 2.3.5][KK4] NeatRom Lite v1.0 Captivate[Arabic,Farsi support]

Thanks button doesn't bite

Speedy712
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammad.afaneh View Post
the easy thing is porting from sprint or at&t s3 or the same board device(US S3 VARIANT)
OK, yeah that makes sense. But is it still possible, even if it's not in the way I described?

mohammad.afaneh
Old
Thanks Meter 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy712 View Post
OK, yeah that makes sense. But is it still possible, even if it's not in the way I described?
nothing impossible but porting rom like TW from different device need a hard work and maybe patch the kernel that we cant as locked bootloader.
you can try by replace /app /framework /priv-app worst case is bootloop use port guides iam not a good porter.
Out of service untill 30/08/2014

Samsung galaxy y stock for now.
Samsung galaxy captivat stock cm11 powered by NeatKernel.
Samsung galaxy S3 SCH-I535 (need jtag).

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
My work:
[KERNEL][4.1+] NeatKernel v1.09 [Dual recovery] captivate vibrant galaxys
[Stock 2.3.5][KK4] NeatRom Lite v1.0 Captivate[Arabic,Farsi support]

Thanks button doesn't bite