Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] 4.4.2 Note 2 Rom porting

OP Speedy712

22nd August 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
I was just wondering if it was at all possible to port a rom from the note 2 to the gs3 because last I herd they are basically the same phones, ones just bigger. The reason why is because they have a lot of 4.4.2 touchwiz based roms that I sure would like to run on my galaxy. Now if this is possible would it be easy and wise to use a tool such as the Rom-porting tool found somewhere on these forums? Any and all advice is appreciated and I hope i'm not way off base here. Thanks!
23rd August 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag amman
Thanks Meter: 810

579 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy712

I was just wondering if it was at all possible to port a rom from the note 2 to the gs3 because last I herd they are basically the same phones, ones just bigger. The reason why is because they have a lot of 4.4.2 touchwiz based roms that I sure would like to run on my galaxy. Now if this is possible would it be easy and wise to use a tool such as the Rom-porting tool found somewhere on these forums? Any and all advice is appreciated and I hope i'm not way off base here. Thanks!

the easy thing is porting from sprint or at&t s3 or the same board device(US S3 VARIANT)
24th August 2014, 12:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammad.afaneh

the easy thing is porting from sprint or at&t s3 or the same board device(US S3 VARIANT)

OK, yeah that makes sense. But is it still possible, even if it's not in the way I described?
24th August 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #4  
Flag amman
Thanks Meter: 810

579 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy712

OK, yeah that makes sense. But is it still possible, even if it's not in the way I described?

nothing impossible but porting rom like TW from different device need a hard work and maybe patch the kernel that we cant as locked bootloader.
you can try by replace /app /framework /priv-app worst case is bootloop use port guides iam not a good porter.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread