Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Blow 4.1 and go to 4.3?
Yes 0 0%
No 3 100.00%
No, get 4.4 0 0%
Sell it as 4.1 on Ebay 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Is there a reason why I should do OTA and upgrade to 4.3/4.4?

OP Ted A

30th August 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

140 posts
I've had my S3 rooted with plain Jane 4.1 for over a year now. Never have any problem, tether works great on unlimited plan, TB Pro works fine. I'm so used to TW it's homey to me.

Is there any good reason why I should do OTA and update to the latest version 4.3 or 4.4? I use tether quite a bit, 10+ GB a month is normal for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-30-12-44-29.png
Views:	78
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	2918360  
30th August 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 58

239 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted A

I've had my S3 rooted with plain Jane 4.1 for over a year now. Never have any problem, tether works great on unlimited plan, TB Pro works fine. I'm so used to TW it's homey to me.

Is there any good reason why I should do OTA and update to the latest version 4.3 or 4.4? I use tether quite a bit, 10+ GB a month is normal for me.

Since you are on 4.1, you could unlock your bootloader and flash TW based 4.3-4.4 roms made for the old bootloader. Basically the same thing

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to poppers162 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 11:58 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 842

4,494 posts
More
Quote:

Unless you want a locked bootloader no. It's useful in basically flashing nearly whatever rom you want. I'd upgrade but not via the OTA. You'll lose the unlocked bootloader and the ability to flash custom roms

From my Wicked S3 running MIUI
1st September 2014, 07:51 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 90

603 posts
Quote:

don't do OTA no ROMS stock on touchwiz 4 ever
The Following User Says Thank You to astonmartin214 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread