Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 37,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Blow 4.1 and go to 4.3?
Yes 0 0%
No 3 100.00%
No, get 4.4 0 0%
Sell it as 4.1 on Ebay 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Is there a reason why I should do OTA and upgrade to 4.3/4.4?

Tip us?

Ted A
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [Q] Is there a reason why I should do OTA and upgrade to 4.3/4.4?

I've had my S3 rooted with plain Jane 4.1 for over a year now. Never have any problem, tether works great on unlimited plan, TB Pro works fine. I'm so used to TW it's homey to me.

Is there any good reason why I should do OTA and update to the latest version 4.3 or 4.4? I use tether quite a bit, 10+ GB a month is normal for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-30-12-44-29.png
Views:	76
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	2918360  

poppers162
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted A View Post
I've had my S3 rooted with plain Jane 4.1 for over a year now. Never have any problem, tether works great on unlimited plan, TB Pro works fine. I'm so used to TW it's homey to me.

Is there any good reason why I should do OTA and update to the latest version 4.3 or 4.4? I use tether quite a bit, 10+ GB a month is normal for me.
Since you are on 4.1, you could unlock your bootloader and flash TW based 4.3-4.4 roms made for the old bootloader. Basically the same thing

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
Droid RAZR M all the way! Unlocked-Rooted-Stock KK
The Following User Says Thank You to poppers162 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShapesBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 691
Quote:

Unless you want a locked bootloader no. It's useful in basically flashing nearly whatever rom you want. I'd upgrade but not via the OTA. You'll lose the unlocked bootloader and the ability to flash custom roms

From my Wicked S3 running MIUI
VZW S3 - Wicked 4.3
SGT2 7.0 - SOKP

"Ultimate awareness comes from when you seek the truth."

astonmartin214
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:

don't do OTA no ROMS stock on touchwiz 4 ever
The Following User Says Thank You to astonmartin214 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]