FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Backup Carrier Info?

128 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By MortTheBeast, Senior Member on 30th July 2014, 02:10 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Is there a method/software that can backup carrier info? Buddy of mine wants to upgrade to 4.4.2 but he is flashed to Selectel Wireless and that would wipe out his carrier info and have to dish out another $50 to get reflashed again. Was hoping there was a way to backup that info... install 4.4.2 and then reload the info.

30th July 2014, 06:30 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
No?
30th July 2014, 07:37 PM |#3  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 56

More
define carrier info. Do you mean his IMEI and baseband version?
30th July 2014, 09:10 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtsprite

define carrier info. Do you mean his IMEI and baseband version?

Hate to sound stupid, but whatever info you might lose doing an upgrade or even a Factory Reset. He did a reset a couple days after having his phone flashed from Verizon to Selectel and his phone wasn't working right. Was making calls but they were showing up as another number and ended up having to pay the guy that originally flashed it... another $50 to reflash and fix it. Thought there be some method to save this info. I can only imagine there must be a way, as there must be people into messing with roms who have to go through this process each time.
1st August 2014, 01:40 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Free can of beer for the correct answer.
14th January 2015, 12:03 AM |#6  
Flag Big Rock,
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Maybe an NVbackup in terminal might do the trick. I don't know. If you figure it out let me know. I'm thinking about flashing another rom and seeing what happens. When I originally had a guy flash selectel I had to be on a TW rom. After this I restored a nandroid of nameless and still had service although in both cases my new number never showed up in about phone / status. I was told to use 8sms to change my phone number in there and then it would show up. On my first flash before I was told about the 8sms trick, I went home and was unable to do anything, no service. I went back flashed TW in his office. Did the 8 sms trick, then restored the same namless nandroid. All is well. Knock on wood. Last night I wanted to wipe data cache and instead of doing it in CWM or actually phil's touch, I did it in the phone settings and it wiped my friggin internal sd partition. What a freaking bummer. Luckily there was nothing super important on there I keep most important stuff on my external SD. I might try tonight to flash a TW just to see if my signal gets a bit better but I'm going to try to figure out how to backup my settings first. The second time there, the owner did the reflash and told me about the 8sms. He was clueless about flashing different roms. There's got to be a way to backup all the needed information in an AOSP rom, or an app, I just gotta figure out how. If you figure this out let me know

Thanks and good luck
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread