Very bad signal and data

Search This thread

Droid316

Oct 30, 2010
My signal everywhere in my town is very bad.lived in the same town nine months ago and the signal was great.I moved to Florida then came back and now my signals are crap I got a new SIM card and still nothing.Does anyone here use *228 or does that still fry your SIM card.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
My signal everywhere in my town is very bad.lived in the same town nine months ago and the signal was great.I moved to Florida then came back and now my signals are crap I got a new SIM card and still nothing.Does anyone here use *228 or does that still fry your SIM card.

Haven't used *228 in a long time. Sounds like a verizon issue but what modem are you running?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

DCThunder

Aug 20, 2011
Northeast Ohio
I am also on a 4.4 ROM and was running ML1. I finally downgraded to MB1 as I was having signal strength issues and SMS issues. I am in the Cleveland area and 4G is generally very good here. So if ML1 doesn't help you then you might try to go the other way and try MB1. From what I read, issues on AOSP with the newer modems are not uncommon.

Reactions: ShapesBlue

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
I am also on a 4.4 ROM and was running ML1. I finally downgraded to MB1 as I was having signal strength issues and SMS issues. I am in the Cleveland area and 4G is generally very good here. So if ML1 doesn't help you then you might try to go the other way and try MB1. From what I read, issues on AOSP with the newer modems are not uncommon.

I've read about that also. I can't recall what modem my phone was initially on when I got it but I've never used anything higher modem wise than ML1

From my Wicked S3 running MIUI

Droid316

Oct 30, 2010
Hmm I have the mb1 firmware.Will that brick me on a 4.4? Or do you have a link to the modem/radio

Droid316

Oct 30, 2010
I downgraded to the mb1 modem same result lol I'm wondering if *228 will fry my phone

Droid316

Oct 30, 2010
I did that and still sucky signal.must be where I live now something is interfering with the signal

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013
Wrap your fone with aluminum foil get better signal. Lol jp
Try a TW rom or stock 4.2. I remember that thread regarding bad signal and sms issues mainly people on mid west/east section of usa

jayjr1105

Feb 17, 2011
You should have skimmed through the Q&A threads a little more, you would have found several topic related to 4.4 and weak/poor signal. I have it too but I sort of fixed it bouncing around to different aio's and radios.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.