Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 47,575 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Booted into stock recovery sch i535 4.4.2

Tip us?

charlesglenn55
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sign Booted into stock recovery sch i535 4.4.2

So I was installing xposed installer today and instead of writing directly to system I had it go thru recovery to auto install. I thought it would go to the unoffical safestrap, as i'm sure everyone is aware you are locked out of the system recovery on the verizon varient anyways. What happens if I try to install something from there? And more importantly can I flash custom rom that way possibly revert to an earlier android version?

The whole thing caught me by surprise and Im not sure if I can duplicate it haven't tried. Just wanted to hear some thoughts on what this is.

landshark68
Old
Thanks Meter 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesglenn55 View Post
So I was installing xposed installer today and instead of writing directly to system I had it go thru recovery to auto install. I thought it would go to the unoffical safestrap, as i'm sure everyone is aware you are locked out of the system recovery on the verizon varient anyways. What happens if I try to install something from there? And more importantly can I flash custom rom that way possibly revert to an earlier android version?

The whole thing caught me by surprise and Im not sure if I can duplicate it haven't tried. Just wanted to hear some thoughts on what this is.
You cannot flash anything from stock recovery except an update.zip file, you cannot flash a custom ROM from there, and you cannot revert to an earlier android version. This information is readily available in a couple of very easy to find threads in the S3 forum.
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you
The Following User Says Thank You to landshark68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]