Ask a question

No registration required

Booted into stock recovery sch i535 4.4.2

OP charlesglenn55

24th August 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
So I was installing xposed installer today and instead of writing directly to system I had it go thru recovery to auto install. I thought it would go to the unoffical safestrap, as i'm sure everyone is aware you are locked out of the system recovery on the verizon varient anyways. What happens if I try to install something from there? And more importantly can I flash custom rom that way possibly revert to an earlier android version?

The whole thing caught me by surprise and Im not sure if I can duplicate it haven't tried. Just wanted to hear some thoughts on what this is.
24th August 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #2  
Illinois
Thanks Meter: 585

1,036 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesglenn55

So I was installing xposed installer today and instead of writing directly to system I had it go thru recovery to auto install. I thought it would go to the unoffical safestrap, as i'm sure everyone is aware you are locked out of the system recovery on the verizon varient anyways. What happens if I try to install something from there? And more importantly can I flash custom rom that way possibly revert to an earlier android version?

The whole thing caught me by surprise and Im not sure if I can duplicate it haven't tried. Just wanted to hear some thoughts on what this is.

You cannot flash anything from stock recovery except an update.zip file, you cannot flash a custom ROM from there, and you cannot revert to an earlier android version. This information is readily available in a couple of very easy to find threads in the S3 forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to landshark68 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread