Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]

Tip us?

sdevans80
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]

Sorry guys, I know this has been covered, but I can't seem to find what I need via searching. I read forums more than I post so forgive me if I have done anything wrong. I am def an amateur when it comes to these things but I do okay.

I recently rooted my verizon gs3 4.3 with towelroot. It is actually just an old phone that I wanted to root and sell. Anyway, like an idiot I tried to install clockworkmod recovery from the clockworkmod app, my phone rebooted and I got the "unauthorized software" message from verizon. The phone will go into download mode. I need a little help finding the correct file to download and flash with odin to fix this. I'm sure its been covered but all of the download links for the file I have found have given me download errors. I have never bricked a phone before and I really want to fix this thing and sell it. Any help.

Scottie

Samsung Galaxy GS5 AT&T (finally rooted)
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (rooted)
Iphone 5C (work issued)
Samsung Galaxy s3 Verizon (bricked...lol)

SlimSnoopOS
Old
Thanks Meter 1912
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdevans80 View Post
Sorry guys, I know this has been covered, but I can't seem to find what I need via searching. I read forums more than I post so forgive me if I have done anything wrong. I am def an amateur when it comes to these things but I do okay.

I recently rooted my verizon gs3 4.3 with towelroot. It is actually just an old phone that I wanted to root and sell. Anyway, like an idiot I tried to install clockworkmod recovery from the clockworkmod app, my phone rebooted and I got the "unauthorized software" message from verizon. The phone will go into download mode. I need a little help finding the correct file to download and flash with odin to fix this. I'm sure its been covered but all of the download links for the file I have found have given me download errors. I have never bricked a phone before and I really want to fix this thing and sell it. Any help.

Scottie

Samsung Galaxy GS5 AT&T (finally rooted)
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (rooted)
Iphone 5C (work issued)
Samsung Galaxy s3 Verizon (bricked...lol)
Follow these instructions and it should work.
[VZW] Samsung Galaxy SIII
[last device]
Droid Incroyable

sdevans80
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default verizon 4.3 gs3 soft brick update.

Okay this is where I'm at now. I finally got the phone to reboot into the regular system, I can boot into odin mode but not recovery mode, recovery mode give me the "unauthorized software" warning from verizon. When this happens I can do a battery pull, boot into odin mode, then press volume down to reboot the phone and the normal system comes up. I still have root with towel root. So when I tried to install cwm recovery from the cwm app that's where my problem started. This is my first time tweaking a phone with a locked boot loader. I can do anything with the phone when it's booted up to the regular system, except a factory data reset, if I try I get the "unauthorized software" screen. I tried un rooting with supersu, which seemed to work, because root checker reported that there was no root access. So I Re rooted with towelroot, reinstalled supersu from Play store. Now I have root access again, but still cannot go to recovery mode, or do a factory data reset.

That being said, since I can boot the phone the system, and i have root access with root explorer and es file explorer (with root files enabled). Is there a way to go in and remove all the files and things that cwm app installed when attempting to install cwm recovery. Basically I'll be thrilled to be able to factory reset and use stock recovery, I can deal with that, as long as I have root access so I can debloat and run root apps. So what can I do to get back to stick recovey, basically the state the phone was in before my dumb self tried to install custom recovery with a locked boot loader.

Sorry the post is long, I am def a amateur phone rooter, but through five devices this is my very first real issue.

Also thanks to all who contribute to this forum, I've been saved several times from info you guys post. So THANK YOU!

Sandman-007
Old
Thanks Meter 613
@sdevans80 Did you flash the above file that @SlimSnoopOS recommended? That should have fixed your stock recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy S3, SOKP