I recently had my gps abruptly go out and did a bunch of stuff to my phone in an attempt to rectify it.
- running "gps sgtatus" tools and recalibrating/downloading agps data
- tightening all the screws on the back of the phone
- inserting a piece of paper below the contact plate for the gps antenna
- restoring back to a stock 4.1.2 rom via odin just to access the stupid samsung service mode and doing a nv rebuild
none of these worked. i've basically accepted that my phone will never navigate me anywhere ever again.
HOWEVER, now my signal is going crazy.
Ever since i did the odin flash, I've had:
- dropped coverage to "no signal" or "emergency calls only" every five minutes or so with no consistency
- virtually unusable sms, with a single push maybe once every 10 minutes
- anytime i do attempt to flash something fresh, a signal outage of at least five minutes ocurrs during the initial configuration of the rom
what i've attempted to do to rectify this so far is:
- reinstall just about every nandroid restore package i've made since before the odin flash
- install every rom i have on my phone, anywhere from JB to KK and touchwiz to aosp
- install every baseband i could find, to include MB1, MF1, and ML1 (via recovery .zips)
what the heck can i do?
everything is so unreliable that i basically have a glorified wifi-only device about 80% of the time.
The phone stats:
- VRBMF1 modem (had ML1 at one point via recovery .zip, but reverted back)
- ParanoidAndroid 4.4 BETA1