HTC M9 Roundup: Availability and Prices

The post HTC M9 Roundup: Availability and Prices appeared first on xda-developers. … more

OnePlus Late March AMAA Roundup

The post OnePlus Late March AMAA Roundup appeared first on xda-developers. … more

Galaxy S6 Pricing & Availability Roundup

The post Galaxy S6 Pricing & Availability Roundup appeared first on xda-developers. … more

Are You Excited for USB Type-C on Smartphones?

The post Are You Excited for USB Type-C on Smartphones? appeared first on xda-developers. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

chromcast mirroring

10th July 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91
 
558 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
anyone figure out how to make the new chromecast mirroring work on the s3?
11th July 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #2  
MIKEYSAKZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 212
 
683 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by screwyluie

anyone figure out how to make the new chromecast mirroring work on the s3?

I have chrome cast working no problem would you care to elaborate

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
12th July 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
69 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
For me I can cast from apps but I cannot cast from any screen which is built into the new update for some phones.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
13th July 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #4  
MIKEYSAKZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 212
 
683 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsession5

For me I can cast from apps but I cannot cast from any screen which is built into the new update for some phones.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

This is what you need in order to cast any screen from your phone even if the phone has a screen mirror option, your tv needs a receiver to do so even a smart tv needs it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1405224912990.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	2848364  
13th July 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #5  
chocolate8175's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 49
 
448 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEYSAKZ

This is what you need in order to cast any screen from your phone even if the phone has a screen mirror option, your tv needs a receiver to do so even a smart tv needs it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

Three is a new screen mirroring by using your Chromecast in the latest update, only certain devices will have this capability though. I don't believe our phone was included in that list... Sadly
13th July 2014, 06:10 AM   |  #6  
MIKEYSAKZ's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 212
 
683 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate8175

Three is a new screen mirroring by using your Chromecast in the latest update, only certain devices will have this capability though. I don't believe our phone was included in that list... Sadly

My girl has the option on her note3 and even she cannot mirror her phone in the way you have described without the receiver as mentioned above

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
13th July 2014, 06:59 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
San Fernando Valley
Thanks Meter: 57
 
536 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate8175

only certain devices will have this capability though. I don't believe our phone was included in that list... Sadly

This. My nexus 7 can but it's sort of laggy when playing video or games.


Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
13th July 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #8  
chocolate8175's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 49
 
448 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEYSAKZ

My girl has the option on her note3 and even she cannot mirror her phone in the way you have described without the receiver as mentioned above

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

Here's where I was getting my info from... http://www.droid-life.com/2014/07/09...to-chromecast/
14th July 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
83 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
There is an app that unlocks Mirroring on the Chromecast for all devices. Unfortunately, even though it is unlocked it doesn't always work. For the S3, it works fine on Touchwiz based ROMS but not on AOSP. The developer is still trying to figure out why it isn't working on all devices/ROMS.

Edit: Oops forgot to include the link!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/hard...evice-t2812193

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jdiamond7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91
 
558 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiamond7

There is an app that unlocks Mirroring on the Chromecast for all devices. Unfortunately, even though it is unlocked it doesn't always work. For the S3, it works fine on Touchwiz based ROMS but not on AOSP. The developer is still trying to figure out why it isn't working on all devices/ROMS.

Edit: Oops forgot to include the link!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/hard...evice-t2812193

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

damn... I dont want to flash a TW rom... I like my slimrom.
Thanks for the info though

installed a rooted stock rom and it still didn't work...oh well I guess I'll keep waiting
Last edited by screwyluie; 15th July 2014 at 04:41 AM. Reason: new info

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes