Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,630 Members 39,731 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Only getting EDGE S3 Verizon on CC network

Tip us?

pitbullmomma
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Only getting EDGE S3 Verizon on CC network

I have the S3 Verizon I535 using a Consumer Cellular sim card running off ATT towers since in our area ATT is everywhere. I am only getting EDGE speed and its awful. I mean AWFUL.
We went to a bigger town yesterday and I figured I would do a speed test just to see if it is where I am in a rural area. Not any better. Shouldn't I be getting HSPA speeds?
I normally wouldnt mind being that I mostly use data on WIFI but those times when I need to use data over mobile network, I am going to be screwed. I guess that I should have used VZW and gotten a ST sim card. I have a Net10 sim card for their ATT network but I am guessing it will be the same thing with Net10.
I don't have the extra cash to start service with Net10 or ST, the BYOD CDMA package thing and then buying a minutes card. We are unemployed, starting a new job next month and surviving on crumbs right now lol. So buying anything is out of the question at the current time.
If anyone could help me out I would be gracious. I am learning quite a bit reading over the forums, but I didn't seem to find any information for my phone. Thanks everyone!

ShapesBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 690
You won't get hspa speeds on a VZW phone. Those are limited to other carriers but not VZWs in this case

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
VZW S3 - Wicked 4.3
SGT2 7.0 - SOKP

"Ultimate awareness comes from when you seek the truth."