FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] GPS Funky on AOSP 4.4.4 ROMs

28th August 2014, 09:04 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 210

More
Any D2VZW users here that are NOT having GPS issues on KK ROMS? If so, what's your exact setup? Firmware, modem, apps, Xposed, kernel, etc? Also, what recovery & version are you using?

For the life of me, I can not get GPS working reliably on AOSP ROMs. On TouchWiz, GPS works fantastic, so I'm confident it's not hardware related.

It seems if I have location set to "High Accuracy", it doesn't find me and doesn't see the GPS. I constantly have to enable and disable location and eventually it will stay locked. Occasionally while driving I'll get a GPS signal lost notice and have to exit navigation before trying again. It seems to be better if I select "Device Only", which is only the GPS, but then a lot of the Google Services don't work.

Current setup: TWRP 2.7.1.0 installing Task650's 8/12 build (a test build) & Task650's Gapps, stock kernel, MF1 firmware, ML1 or NE1 modem. No Xposed. I also use an iBolt Car Dock, which loads Car Home Ultra (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nghead.carhome) and kicks the device into Car Mode. Who knows, maybe Car Mode is part of the issue here.

Any ideas / feedback?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread