5,814,981 Members 39,855 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help needed for CDMA data service (downgrading from 4.4.2 to lower version)

Tip us?

kkafle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help needed for CDMA data service (downgrading from 4.4.2 to lower version)

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 CDMA Verizon & GSM phone. Originally it was on android 4.1.2 and working fine for both CDMA and GSM (one at a time). CDMA EVDO Rev A data service was working fine.

I am using this phone in Nepal (not in USA). It was carrier unlocked for both CDMA & GSM when I purchased from Amazon. (so, I guess, Originally it may had some customized firmware/ROM for International use, I don’t have much idea).

I was asked for firmware upgrade every time when I run Samsung Kies. One day I clicked to upgrade the firmware. The upgrade was over successfully. But the new android version I found on my phone was 4.4.2.
In this version /new upgrade, I was unable to use CDMA data (EVDO-rev A). So I wanted to reverse back to old version. I search the process in Google and tried to load firmware with the help of Odin3 using this file:- “I535VRBMF1_I535VZWBMF1_VZW.zip”, but it was not successful. Result: Fail(Auth)

Then I loaded firmware for 4.4.2 using Odin3.09 (AP: “I535VRUDNE1_I535VZWDNE1_I535VRUDNE1_HOME.tar.md5& rdquo and now the phone is working.
• If I use GSM SIM I can make call and use HSPA data service as well by adding new APN.
• If I use CDMA RUIM I can make call, BUT DATA SEVRICE using CDMA EVDO Rev A is NOT WORKING!! (I can not save APN in this case).

Now my issue is how to make CDMA EVDO data service working in my phone, because my basic requirement is to use this phone for CDMA service (voice + data).
I can edit the APN but when I click “Save”, nothing was saved. So I can not select APN for my carrier. I tried using APN Manager Pro too, here I can enter & enable the APN, but did not work. The phone is not able to dial the data access code #777 (verified from CDMA service provider side trace).

Can someone help me what I should do to make my phone working for CDMA data. My phone is rooted.
I guess it may work for CDMA data if I downgrade it to 4.3 or 4.1.2,
Can I do that. If so what are the procedures / steps. Any help in this regard would be highly appreciable.

Pujan Shrestha
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default My data worked this way

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkafle View Post
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 CDMA Verizon & GSM phone. Originally it was on android 4.1.2 and working fine for both CDMA and GSM (one at a time). CDMA EVDO Rev A data service was working fine.

I am using this phone in Nepal (not in USA). It was carrier unlocked for both CDMA & GSM when I purchased from Amazon. (so, I guess, Originally it may had some customized firmware/ROM for International use, I don’t have much idea).

I was asked for firmware upgrade every time when I run Samsung Kies. One day I clicked to upgrade the firmware. The upgrade was over successfully. But the new android version I found on my phone was 4.4.2.
In this version /new upgrade, I was unable to use CDMA data (EVDO-rev A). So I wanted to reverse back to old version. I search the process in Google and tried to load firmware with the help of Odin3 using this file:- “I535VRBMF1_I535VZWBMF1_VZW.zip”, but it was not successful. Result: Fail(Auth)

Then I loaded firmware for 4.4.2 using Odin3.09 (AP: “I535VRUDNE1_I535VZWDNE1_I535VRUDNE1_HOME.tar.md5& rdquo and now the phone is working.
• If I use GSM SIM I can make call and use HSPA data service as well by adding new APN.
• If I use CDMA RUIM I can make call, BUT DATA SEVRICE using CDMA EVDO Rev A is NOT WORKING!! (I can not save APN in this case).

Now my issue is how to make CDMA EVDO data service working in my phone, because my basic requirement is to use this phone for CDMA service (voice + data).
I can edit the APN but when I click “Save”, nothing was saved. So I can not select APN for my carrier. I tried using APN Manager Pro too, here I can enter & enable the APN, but did not work. The phone is not able to dial the data access code #777 (verified from CDMA service provider side trace).

Can someone help me what I should do to make my phone working for CDMA data. My phone is rooted.
Can I do that. If so what are the procedures / steps. Any help in this regard would be highly appreciable.
I think your problem is the region is not set Nepal...I installed dark jb rom in my phone and data was gone since then. Then I manually downloaded stock firmware and flashed through odin but still data wasnt working,nd while in recovery mode i saw region INS ie India. then something came in my mind and.. .I changed it to NPL and now i can use data in only sim 1 only not in both sims. So i also may need some help.

For you *#272*IMEI# . Use your phones IMEI number there (*#06#) . Select NPL region.
NOTE: It will hard format your phone installing required carrier apps, aps, bla bla and hope work on your phone

kkafle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pujan Shrestha View Post
I think your problem is the region is not set Nepal...I installed dark jb rom in my phone and data was gone since then. Then I manually downloaded stock firmware and flashed through odin but still data wasnt working,nd while in recovery mode i saw region INS ie India. then something came in my mind and.. .I changed it to NPL and now i can use data in only sim 1 only not in both sims. So i also may need some help.

For you *#272*IMEI# . Use your phones IMEI number there (*#06#) . Select NPL region.
NOTE: It will hard format your phone installing required carrier apps, aps, bla bla and hope work on your phone

I found that the hidden menu (& hence secret code dialing) was disabled in my phone. Following guides from Google search I enabled it. Now codes likes "*#06#",*#1111#", "*#0228#" etc are working, but "*#272*IMEI#" is not working. Any idea, why it is not working?

redusk
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkafle View Post

Well, it looks to me as though you've locked your bootloader and are now stuck on 4.4.2. For some reason, Verizon forces Samsung to lock their bootloaders, which means we (the consumers) cannot install "custom" firmware on our devices (or downgrade).

ShapesBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 694
Once you're on 4.4.2 NE1 your stuck with it. No downgrade possible at least not without a Jtag service

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2
VZW S3 - Wicked 4.3
SGT2 7.0 - SOKP

"Ultimate awareness comes from when you seek the truth."